Saltwater iPhone App

freshman

I found a torrent that has every single app-store app included in the zip file.
As long as you know how to ssh into your iphone you can install as many programs as you want...But the phone has to be jail broken and its pretty easy to do.
I hack peoples iphones all the time even 3g's, they buy phones without the contract and get them hooked up at t-mobile thats what i did also. On top of the fact the phone is unlocked there are also 2 programs that get installed on the phone called cydia and installer which let you download thousands of FREE applications and themes. For example there is a program called spoofapp, it lets you call anyone and enter in any number you want for the caller id then it synthesize's your voice to mess with people, and all kinds of other tweaks.
You would be amazed at how many things that the iphone is capable of with cydia and installer jailbroken, any iphone owner is missing 99% of the phones capabilities if its not hacked.
If your interested check out winpwn, cydia, installer for iphone,
www.planet-iphones.com/ & just google hack iphone and you can see for yourself!
Also T-Mobile has a plan called flexpay, which means you can go month to month with no contract.

K

k1sully

sounds like your gonna cram alot into this app. $2.99 is a great price. when this is done ill get it for sure

T

tizzo

OP
I'd buy it in a second! And FWIW, I'd pay more... The loopt thing, I don't care about since I'm not a big fan of any app I have to stay on top of, but I like the rest. I'll keep an eye out for it.

Originally Posted by It's Chuck
http:///forum/post/2956271
http://www.coralidea.com/
free to download had it on my I-Pod for months

Yeah, I looked at that one. The problem with it is that it's not really an 'app'. It's a series of pictures that are stored in your photos section. It's a good resource but I want to provide something that ties the users tank to to the research database.
There's another one that came out on Feb. 8th that looks Italian. There's a coral and fish app but the information is VERY limited and there's nothing to show how they'll interact in an aquarium. The translation is horrible as well.
I'm supposed to see a sample shot of the work that got done on it over the weekend. I'll keep pressing on. I do like the idea of taking out the 'loopt' feature. I just don't think people will use it (I know I don't use mine) - The mapping of LFS is going to be in there and I'm going to be adding a new feature that I'm still futzing with.

mokeyz

Hi, I wish I had come upon this thread sooner. I am almost finished developing and app for
iPhone called Invertebrate Pocket Reference. It will be a comprehensive database of inverts
common (and some not so common) to our hobby. Though it will not be as involved as your app at first I think it will be useful. I am planning on following it up with a similar app for marine fish, corals and plants. I am planning on selling it for either 99 cents or 1.99. I applaud your effort and there is certainly room for more than one aquarium related app.
I do have a free app in the iTunes store called "Aquarium Abbreviations". You can download it here...
http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/M...298678814&mt=8

Welp, we're off and running! I met with the developers on Tuesday and they've started building the app. Now, here's the bonus... I get to invite a select few to become beta members when we get to that point. Right now they're telling me that we're looking at somewhere around a month.
I want to make sure that this app has what what the SW enthusiasts are looking for and that it makes sense so I am looking for a few EXPERIENCED hobbyists. There are a few names on here that I've seen but I'm looking for a total of about 5-6 people. You must have an iPhone and be willing to give feedback about our direction.
You will receive the app for free and have a hand in making sure that it's perfect. I do want a couple of new people to the hobby as well because they bring fresh eyes.
If you'd like to help me out, PM me and I'll get back to you. I am super excited that this is coming to reality and it's going to be fun.
Thanks again for your support on it!
Oh... I decided to call the app, "miTank"

premilove

Originally Posted by pbnj
http:///forum/post/2955485
As long as iPhones have exclusive contracts with AT&T, I won't use them even if you paid me.
lol at&t is better than any other service provider. ive had at&t since they started att wireless and i never had a problem before. I also have had every other cell phone service provider except virgin mobile and they all are terrible. ill have to admit, verizon's service was amazing but its not like at&t doesnt give me excellent service. verizon charges way too much its not even worth having a plan with them. nextel/sprint started goign downhill, tmobile well need i say more?