Saltwater

joejoe

I have my saltwater ready to go, but now I am waiting for my LR to come in which hopefully will be here by Monday. My saltwater is currently in a trashcan and has a Maxijet 900 circulating it with the temp at a constant 80. Will the water be fine in the trash can over the weekend? It's around 38 gallons....

astroclown

Is this right? Ur water is being cycled in a trash can? If its plastic I think it will be ok, but dunno about metal kind. How come its in a trash can? Why dont you just have in a tank already, got some sand with it. You'll be fine I think.

joejoe

Yup as of now I have the LS (bagged) and the water (plastic trash can) ready. So it would be ok to go ahead and put the sand and water in the tank and when the rock comes, put the rock in? I always thought that I would have to wait until those three items where available to start the cycling of the tank. Also, would I need to have the MH lights on if there is only sand and water or should I wait for those to come on when I get the rock? Sorry for the small questions but I just wanna do it right the first time and not make any mistakes....