Saltwaterfish.com Mod. please read

tx26257

I am sorry if this is not the right way to do this but I have a question on ordering from this site. I ordered a sedra 5000 and double checked it on the order status and I did order a 5000 ,but I recieved 7000. I am wondering will they pay for the return shipping since the mistake is not mine and ship me the sedra 5000. If this is not proper place to discuss this I am sorry and just delete it. I have sent a email to them but as of yet have not heard what the plans are on fix this

bigarn

I'm not a mod but you will have to pay to ship it back. They will replace it but I'm not sure about who pays to ship it back to you. Look under Order Status to the left ... it pretty well explains everything.

tx26257

I would understand paying for the shipping back if I ordered the wrong thing but they shipped the wrong thing even though I ordered the right thing....does that intitle me to free shipping now. If I am wrong please explain it to me why Iam wrong

frankthetank

Don't know that they will, but they should send you a prepaid shipping postage to ship it to them. That would be the right thing to do.

tx26257

I really am not trying to be a jerk but I already paid shipping once and I dont wont to pay it 3 times because of a mistake on there part. I hope they can help me out

tx26257

I need the 5000 sedra so I can replace the asm skimmer pump I keep the needwheel and venturi to use with the new pump but I dont think the 7000 would work for my needs. One of the reasons I need the pump so quickly so ican again have a skimmer

scsinet

Generally speaking with skimmers more powerful pumps = better performance.
You can always dial it back with a ball valve.
Not suggesting in any way that you should have to accomodate for their mistake, but depending on how you look at it, it could be considered a "happy" mistake.

tx26257

if some one knows how to make a 7000 work on a asm g3 let me know and I will be more then happy to go this way and not bother any one else

catawaba

inlet/outlet are the same size.
Is the body that much bigger?
Photos look similar but may be a generic photo.
I'm sure someone can help with the 'conversion'
ESPECIALLY if you post in the DIY section

tx26257

well they look totally diffrent on the front of the 5000 you unscrew it and put in the needlewheel and then place the venturi but on the 7000 nothing like that unless I am missing something

cam78

Not for nothing, but for the people that are saying keep the 7000, you are wrong. If he wanted the 7000 he would have ordered it. If they do not pay for all the shipping it will be another strike for this site. I have heard a lot of horror stories so far and this would put the cherry on top. HE ORDERED the CORRECT thing, they screwed up, THEY should pay for all the exspenses. WOW, thats screwed up if they don't do the right thing. I have faith that someone will pay for the shipping being that it is thier mistake.

ophiura

This post has been copied to a thread where it can be seen by admin.
SWF moderators DO NOT have any connection with the company and can not arrange to exchange, return, etc any product.