saltwaterfish.com

D

dog17simon

hey i just looked at saltwaterfish.com and they have great deals on the value menu and i wanted to know how long the shipping was for the stuff on sale with free shipping and if it is a good deal and if anyone has ever ordered from it did it come to u alright? thanks a bunch

nudilove

Are you talking about dry goods or live goods. Livestock is overnight shipping with an arranged time for you to receive it.
I personally haven't ordered yet, but all reports I've heard have been good.

120reefer

Originally Posted by NudiLove
Are you talking about dry goods or live goods. Livestock is overnight shipping with an arranged time for you to receive it.
I personally haven't ordered yet, but all reports I've heard have been good.
For the past 4 years or so... all fish, inverts, and corals have come right from this site! Really the only "problem" I've had was with a few snails and hermits DOA... but who cares. ALL the fish came lively, swimming around the bag, never had one problem. I can assure you i will be getting all livestock for my 120 from here as well. While we're on the subject.. i actually just ordered some corals for it today from here
Ill post pics in the next few weeks when the tank is more "full of life"... BTW... usually 2-3 days from start to finish to ship.. and you arrange when to come.. and with instructions on where to place if your not home..
P.S..... Green Rics for 4.99 :thinking: ..couldn't pass em up

zanoshanox

I think its a great opportunity to get quality livestock at respectable prices...But the only downside is the minimum order price restriction...but if you have enough things to buy you can't pass up a chance to buy from swfish.com!

120reefer

Originally Posted by zanoshanox
I think its a great opportunity to get quality livestock at respectable prices...But the only downside is the minimum order price restriction...but if you have enough things to buy you can't pass up a chance to buy from swfish.com!
LoL, and im sure anyone who's been in the hobby for more than a day already knows that it's not hard to meet that $79 restriction! I mean geez.. i ordered today expecting to spend just 80-100 and ended up with a total bill of $198.47
And to be quite honest... if you look at most sites.. if theres not a restriction.. theres like a 35-65 dollar flat shipping fee for livestock. $79 for "quality" free shipping is no problem at all IMO

zanoshanox

I knwo what you mean, I just mean for me, being a part time working teenager, sometimes i see a special that I just cant pass up but i dont have 90 bucks...Like the ricordeas, really a steal I must say, but i can't afford to make a large order...lol

seegert

So far I have only ordered a Marine Lab test kit from this site, but the price was equal to my petshop's but I got like 3 times as much quantity and more types of tests in the kit from here and I received it relitively quick. Everything went well timewise, package was in perfect condition and a great buy for me. 120 reefer knows A LOT about sw too! Has a lot of experience from what I have noticed and is always willing to help with advice.....just about covered A-Z with me!

snccoulter

In the past 2 months I have shipped $300 worth of fish and inverts to my wife out in UT since I am currently deployed to SWA. We have had no problems with the shipping of fish and livestock the only issue we had was my wife did not acclimatize one of my shrimp correctly and it died but then it was a good meal for some of my stars so oh well it was only $10. Very impressed with the service and the returning order perks are nice. You can do $80 worth in about 10 minuets if not less. And if you cant afford to purchases $80 worth wait a week or two and don’t eat out as much figure if you bring a lunch to work instead of going to a fast food joint you will save on average if a meal cost $6 you can save 30 a week and then every payday you can get a couple of new items for your tank. This is the only way I can justify new livestock for my tank with my wife.