saltwaterfish link

zooqi

I get an e-mail that I have a reply to one of the threads and the link. When I click on the link it will not take me to the thread !!:confused: I have to type the words and search for it to see it. Is it that hard for everybody or there is an easy way to get to the thread. I'm in -- and I get the same kind of notification and when I click it it takes me to the reply. Am I doing something wrong here? New to saltwaterfish and still learning in the hobby.:)

foxthorn

I have the same problem. The link in the notification e-mail will take you to swf.com home page but not directly to your thread. ARG!
Has this ever worked? Anyone?

S

simm

Administration has done this on purpose. Im not sure why though.

zooqi

Maybe they have a reason? I see many people with thousand posts and I don't know how they can post that many going through this. I tried to search the thread that there was a reply to and sometimes I can't find it even typing the same words because there are other post with the same words and I have look for the one I've been to. I might've missed something and didn't understand the agreement. Maybe something wrong with the codes or both. I also tried to copy and paste and it did not work !

bradttu

I have set up numerous bulletin boards for different sites, many sites using the board that this site uses. I have noticed that the admins have disabled Email, PMs (private messages), and they do not allow you to view another member's profile from a thread. If you want to view a profile, you can click "message board" and scroll down to the bottom of the screen where it shows you the members that are online. You can click their username and then you can see their profile.
I am guessing that they are worried about file size issue for all the member's email and private messages. But, there is not a file size issue with the email link that is sent to members who have posted in threads.
Oh well, I still LOVE this site! :)

foxthorn

Administration has done this on purpose. Im not sure why though.
My guess is to direct more traffic to their store.

zooqi

The thing that is doing is that I don't come here most of the time I get e-mails. I have got some since yesterday and decided to check and see if they have fixed it. I have gone to every thread in -- because the link works fine. I'm new here and so far not happy with the links and how hard to find the thread that can be easy accessed.:)

toddpolish

just go to the forum that the thread is on. (the email tells you the forum and the title of the thread)
the most recently replied thread is always at the top of the forum.
if you check the site every day, then scan that forums first page...should be there...
it's not as convenient as it should be, but it's not all that bad. IMO