Same Sex Marriage

flower

What is the difference between a civil union contract and a marriage license? Besides the name....

darthtang aw

What is the difference between a civil union contract and a marriage license?  Besides the name....
each country that has civil unions vary as to the rights afforded. But most are similar to marriage rights. The only difference is the venue they occur and who is the overseer.

reefraff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtang AW http:///t/397249/same-sex-marriage#post_3540397
Maybe, what government should do is change the law to only issue civil union contracts......would everyone be happy or content with that? maybe we are all protesting the wrong thing.
Everyone will never be happy, The so-called activists on both sides want the government to legitimize their position while the majority of the country could really care less as long as everyone is treated equally.

darthtang aw

let me ask this.
From a business side of things.
Does an advertising company have the right to refuse to run an advertisement for NAMBLA? Can they refuse to run an add by a church against homosexuality. Can they refuse to run an ad about gun control?

silverado61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtang AW http:///t/397249/same-sex-marriage/20#post_3540423
let me ask this.
From a business side of things.
Does an advertising company have the right to refuse to run an advertisement for NAMBLA? Can they refuse to run an add by a church against homosexuality. Can they refuse to run an ad about gun control?
They can but why would they? It'$ a $imple matter of economic$.

Have you ever noticed how the rate of law$uit$ ha$ gone $ky high $ince lawyer$ were allowed to adverti$e on T.V?

2quills

Everybody should have the right to refuse any job that they want to. It shouldn't be a requirement to declare the specific reasons why. But any business that makes discriminatory claims in public as their reason goes against the diverse nature of America and our goal as a nation of free people. And therefore is breaking the law.
Agreed, legalize civil unions and let's all have the same benefits. However you chose to do it is up to you and or your religious institution. States can't be selective about it but churches etc. can. Every Citizen gets recognized.

darthtang aw

an ad for jesushatesobama.com was turned down by the network for the super bowl. It actually occurs more often then you would think. Some people dont want to be in the middle of a controversial topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower http:///t/397249/same-sex-marriage#post_3540364

2 posts and you stuck your nose into this battle??? Poor, poor deluded person...... Welcome to the site.

The only thing legal marriage presents in the eyes of the law are certain rights...to name a few....

[*]File jointly for taxes
[*]A legal resolution to dividing accumulated assets and debt, should the union fail
[*]The surviving spouse is in control of the body, remaining assets and whatnot, should one of them die.
The right to make decisions on health issues and be able to sign for treatment, should the partner not be able to.
be able to carry your partner on your health insurance.

The idea that it isn't 'right" is a moral (religious) one. The government has no right to dictate what people do on that level. Who we worship, how we worship, why we worship, and the moral laws dictated by that religion is none of the governments concern.

Same sex unions on a LEGAL level, should have every right to combine their assets, and allow the person they love to be able to make decisions on the disposition of their body, or sign for medical treatment. They should be able to file jointly for taxes, and be able to have insurance should one of them become sick. It doesn't involve the religious people, nor does it require one to be all holy enough to be able to have sex....the teen pregnancy problem would disappear completely if the people were truly holy enough to keep their pants on unless they are married.

The point is this....you don't need a marriage to have sex, the sex thing homosexuals are going to do regardless, just like the teens who do what they do. So my religion and your religion says it's a sin...fine, then don't do it, it is only going to affect you and me if we participate in such a marriage (or act of sex) ourselves. What "sinners" do in their own bedroom is between themselves and God. We don't have the right to dictate how others live their lives, if they ask our opinion on the subject of same sex...THEN give them your moral stand...otherwise it's none of our concern.

In our religion (Christian or Judaism to name a few) the act of sex is marriage, but the law won't recognize that union unless you apply for a license and make it legal
... If you don't make it legal, you can't benefit from the union should something hit the fan in life....you would have no more rights then the homosexuals had for so many years. License of marriage just a legal document, concerning the laws and how you benefit from that law. It isn't a license to have sex, so whether it "right" or not, it doesn't matter.

Hi Flower, please wise up & dont judge by join date and post count. That changes when your bold enough to say what needs to be said or if you anger "the man". I dont expect you would understand this.

Homosexuality dosen't occur in nature, it stops pro-creation and besides being hilarious its a pretty disgusting concept when you think about it. That statement in itself is enough to bring out the intolerance of those who accept it. Might as well label me a homophobic now then. Those who compromises due to cowardice or fear of exile or who simply want to be everyone's buddy based on the political correct nature of society today are without substance. Those who disagree with the trends of today (although unpopular) should be afforded the same tolerance as the sheeple who simply go with the flow and remain everyones buddy.

silverado61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtang AW http:///t/397249/same-sex-marriage/20#post_3540430
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado61
http:///t/397249/same-sex-marriage/20#post_3540424
an ad for jesushatesobama.com was turned down by the network for the super bowl. It actually occurs more often then you would think. Some people dont want to be in the middle of a controversial topic.
You might want to edit your post then Darthtang. You said an advertising company. Not a network. lol

2quills

Wise up Flower, dont believe join date and post count.  That changes if you anger "the man".  
Homosexuality dosen't occur in nature,  it stops pro-creation and besides being hilarious its a pretty disgusting concept.   Might as well label me a homophobic now,  I can deal with that.    Proud of it actually.
We see that...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual_behavior_in_animals
Homosexual behavior in animals is sexual behavior among non-human species that may be interpreted as homosexual or bisexual. This may include sexual activity, courtship, affection, pair bonding, and parenting among same-sex animal pairs. Research indicates that various forms of this are found throughout the animal kingdom.[1][2] As of 1999, nearly 1,500 species, ranging from primates to gut worms, have been observed engaging in same-sex behaviors; this is well documented in about 500 species.[3][4]
According to Bruce Bagemihl, "the animal kingdom [does] it with much greater sexual diversity – including homosexual, bisexual and nonreproductive sex – than the scientific community and society at large have previously been willing to accept."[5] Nevertheless, Bagemihl points out, this is "necessarily an account of human interpretations of these phenomena".[6] Simon Levay introduced the further caveat that "Although homosexual behavior is very common in the animal world, it seems to be very uncommon that individual animals have a long-lasting predisposition to engage in such behavior to the exclusion of heterosexual activities. Thus, a homosexual orientation, if one can speak of such thing in animals, seems to be a rarity."[7] One species in which exclusive homosexual orientation occurs, however, is that of domesticated sheep (Ovis aries).[8][9] "About 10% of rams (males) refuse to mate with ewes (females) but do readily mate with other rams."[9]
The sexual behavior of non-human animals takes many different forms, even within the same species, though homosexual behavior is best known from social species. The motivations for and implications of these behaviors have yet to be fully understood, since most species have yet to be fully studied.[10]
The observation of homosexual behavior in animals can be seen as both an argument for and against the acceptance of homosexuality in humans, and has been used especially against the claim that it is a peccatum contra naturam ('sin against nature').[3] For instance, homosexuality in animals was cited by the American Psychiatric Association and other groups in their amici curiae brief to the United States Supreme Court in Lawrence v. Texas, which ultimately struck down the sodomy laws of 14 states.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Quills http:///t/397249/same-sex-marriage/20#post_3540434
We see that...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual_behavior_in_animals
Homosexual behavior in animals is sexual behavior among non-human species that may be interpreted as homosexual or bisexual. This may include sexual activity, courtship, affection, pair bonding, and parenting among same-sex animal pairs. Research indicates that various forms of this are found throughout the animal kingdom.[1][2] As of 1999, nearly 1,500 species, ranging from primates to gut worms, have been observed engaging in same-sex behaviors; this is well documented in about 500 species.[3][4]
According to Bruce Bagemihl, "the animal kingdom [does] it with much greater sexual diversity – including homosexual, bisexual and nonreproductive sex – than the scientific community and society at large have previously been willing to accept."[5] Nevertheless, Bagemihl points out, this is "necessarily an account of human interpretations of these phenomena".[6] Simon Levay introduced the further caveat that "Although homosexual behavior is very common in the animal world, it seems to be very uncommon that individual animals have a long-lasting predisposition to engage in such behavior to the exclusion of heterosexual activities. Thus, a homosexual orientation, if one can speak of such thing in animals, seems to be a rarity."[7] One species in which exclusive homosexual orientation occurs, however, is that of domesticated sheep (Ovis aries).[8][9] "About 10% of rams (males) refuse to mate with ewes (females) but do readily mate with other rams."[9]
The sexual behavior of non-human animals takes many different forms, even within the same species, though homosexual behavior is best known from social species. The motivations for and implications of these behaviors have yet to be fully understood, since most species have yet to be fully studied.[10]
The observation of homosexual behavior in animals can be seen as both an argument for and against the acceptance of homosexuality in humans, and has been used especially against the claim that it is a peccatum contra naturam ('sin against nature').[3] For instance, homosexuality in animals was cited by the American Psychiatric Association and other groups in their amici curiae brief to the United States Supreme Court in Lawrence v. Texas, which ultimately struck down the sodomy laws of 14 states.
Thanks Quills, but I dont accept that opinion. Please read why. On a side note, why discriminate against polygamists or someone who wants to marry a herd of mountain goats?

Lets take this for what it really is by relating it to human anatomy and how that anatomy is used for what it was designed for. Humans cant fly right? we dont have wings, We cant breath underwater right? we dont have gills. For us to do these things requires an un-natural man made process which often results in catastrophic consequences. No matter how popular it is to fly or dive we know that they are unnatural processes we cannot do without machines.

Relating these concepts to the natural use of human anatomy lets then ask. What is the purpose of a reproductive system? What is the purpose of a digestive system? and how does sodomy relate to this? How does anything they do behind closed doors relate to the intended use use of human anatomy? How is what they do natural? no matter who does it. Basically it's using the wrong tool for the wrong job.
Dogs do this as a form of dominance, perhaps thats why homosexuals do it? If you want to know where hermafrodites relate to this simply look at the Clownfish.

Anything can be proven or dis proven if we look hard enough because reality is based on our own personal experience which makes everything an opinion.
I meet a lady that saw Elvis last week and a few guys last year who were abducted by aliens?

There is a reason for both male and female species otherwise we would all be the same. Based on historical trends, I think people are just trying to find a way to justify something they know is evil and inherently wrong. As the popularity of it increases they think it then becomes right. Whats right is often at odds with what is popular. All one has to do is look at the direction civilizations have gone in to understand choices against nature are often self-destructive, i.e Rome, Athens, etc. It's not natural or possible to re-produce without a male and a female, and no matter how popular we make it Frankenstein is still a monster.

I dont mind being called homophobe, ignorant or stupid because my beliefs work for me and thats all that really matters. I'll tolerate it but will never accept homosexuality. It's a disgusting concept to me especially when I imagine the things they do behind closed doors. Yeah Im a homophobe and proud of it.

mohawkninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharkysMachine http:///t/397249/same-sex-marriage/20#post_3540435
Thanks Quills but I dont accept that. On a side note, why discriminate against polygamists or someone who wants to marry a herd of mountain goats?
Anything can be proven or dis proven if we look hard enough because reality is based on our own personal experience. There is a reason for both male and female species. It's not possible to re-produce without a male and a female despite the Frankenstein theory.

I did meet a lady that saw Elvis last week though and a few guys last year who were abducted by aliens.
I dont mind being called homophobe, ignorant or stupid because my beliefs work for me. I'll tolerate it but will never accept homosexuality. It's a disgusting concept to imagine the things they do behind closed doors. Yeah Im a homophobe and proud of it. I do respect your opinion though.
Firstly, you can't be presented evidence and then just say "I don't accept that." You have to give a reason or you sound like Bill O'reilly

Secondly,
"I'm a homophobe and proud of it"
You should never be proud of hating a certain group of people.

2quills

Thanks Quills but I dont accept that.  On a side note, why discriminate against polygamists or someone who wants to marry a herd of mountain goats?
Anything can be proven or dis proven if we look hard enough because reality is based on our own personal experience.  There is a reason for both male and female species.  It's not possible to re-produce without a male and a female despite the Frankenstein theory.
I did meet a lady that saw Elvis last week though and a few guys last year who were abducted by aliens.  :laughing:    I dont mind being called homophobe, ignorant or stupid because my beliefs work for me.   I'll tolerate it but will never accept homosexuality.    It's a disgusting concept to imagine the things they do behind closed doors.   Yeah Im a homophobe and proud of it.     I do respect your opinion though.
And I respect your right to have yours. Is there some benefit that comes from being ugly about it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkninja http:///t/397249/same-sex-marriage/20#post_3540437
Firstly, you can't be presented evidence and then just say "I don't accept that." You have to give a reason or you sound like Bill O'reilly

Secondly,
"I'm a homophobe and proud of it"
You should never be proud of hating a certain group of people.
Why , like you did towards O'reilly? To hate the group that disagrees with your opinion is the same thing. To imply this for a certain group vs the behavior of that group is speculation or "spin" as you may be familliar with the term.

Tolerance goes both ways. People are free to believe as they wish whether it's labeled love or hatred.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Quills http:///t/397249/same-sex-marriage/20#post_3540438
And I respect your right to have yours. Is there some benefit that comes from being ugly about it?
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and most will not defend this stance because the fear of being unliked is greater than the courage to speak from the heart. Some may call this cowardice. As long as the dialog is respectful people should tolerate a diffrence of opinion. I could be wrong.

Lets take this for what it really is by relating it to human anatomy and how that anatomy is used for what it was designed for. Humans cant fly right? we dont have wings, We cant breath underwater right? we dont have gills. For us to do these things requires an un-natural man made process which often results in catastrophic consequences if attempted without them. No matter how popular it is to fly or dive we know that they are unnatural processes we cannot do without machines.

Relating these concepts to the natural use of human anatomy lets then ask. What is the purpose of a reproductive system? What is the purpose of a digestive system? and how does sodomy relate to this? How does anything homosexuals do behind closed doors relate to the intended use use of human anatomy? How is what they do natural? or whom ever practices this behavior. Basically it's using the wrong tool for the wrong job.

mohawkninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharkysMachine http:///t/397249/same-sex-marriage/20#post_3540444
Why , I just did. Arent you doing the same now towards O'reilly. To imply hatered towards a certain group vs the behaviour or that group. Your speculating? Tolerance goes both ways.
1. I don't feel towards O'reilly in the same way you feel towards gay people. You were doing something that Bill O'Reilly is notorious for doing, that is why I made that comparison.

2. "Why , I just did."

Policeman: "You aren't allowed rob a bank."
Criminal: "Why? I just did."

That's why.

3. Homophopia is a hate for a certain group of people. How are you proud of hate? Hate is a terrible thing. There are kids committing suicide my age because of homophobia. How the hell are you proud because you hate someone?

darthtang aw

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and most will not defend this stance because they fear being unliked.
Lets take this for what it really is by relating it to human anatomy and how that anatomy is used for what it was designed for.   Humans cant fly right?  we dont have wings,  We cant breath underwater right?  we dont have gills.    For us to do these things requires an un-natural man made process which often results in catastrophic consequences if attempted without them.  No matter how popular it is to fly or dive we know that they are unnatural processes we cannot do without machines. 
Relating these concepts to the natural use of human anatomy lets then ask.   What is the purpose of a reproductive system?  What is the purpose of a digestive system?    and how does sodomy relate to this?  How does anything homosexuals do behind closed doors relate to the intended use use of human  anatomy?     How is what they do natural?  or whom ever practices this behavior.   Basically it's using the wrong tool for the wrong job. 
Do you shave?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkninja http:///t/397249/same-sex-marriage/20#post_3540449
1. I don't feel towards O'reilly in the same way you feel towards gay people. You were doing something that Bill O'Reilly is notorious for doing, that is why I made that comparison.

2. "Why , I just did."

Policeman: "You aren't allowed rob a bank."
Criminal: "Why? I just did."

That's why.

3. Homophopia is a hate for a certain group of people. How are you proud of hate? Hate is a terrible thing. There are kids committing suicide my age because of homophobia. How the hell are you proud because you hate someone?
Why do you hate people who disagree with you? you should tolerate different beliefs. To do otherwise would be hypocrisy.
Your argument works against you because your attempting to classify a behavior as an individual. Using the Socratic dialog, here is a basic example of what your doing:

Birds sing
Man sings
Man is a bird

2quills

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and most will not defend this stance because the fear of being unliked is greater than the courage to speak from the heart.   Some may call this cowardice.  As long as the dialog is respectful people should tolerate a diffrence of opinion.  I could be wrong.  :laughing:
Lets take this for what it really is by relating it to human anatomy and how that anatomy is used for what it was designed for.   Humans cant fly right?  we dont have wings,  We cant breath underwater right?  we dont have gills.    For us to do these things requires an un-natural man made process which often results in catastrophic consequences if attempted without them.  No matter how popular it is to fly or dive we know that they are unnatural processes we cannot do without machines. 
Relating these concepts to the natural use of human anatomy lets then ask.   What is the purpose of a reproductive system?  What is the purpose of a digestive system?    and how does sodomy relate to this?  How does anything homosexuals do behind closed doors relate to the intended use use of human  anatomy?     How is what they do natural?  or whom ever practices this behavior.   Basically it's using the wrong tool for the wrong job. 
Yep, you've made your belief pretty clear. And no I don't disagree with you on how children are made or your defense to be strait. I'll mark you down in my book as a NO when it comes to agreeing with equal rights in this country for all. By chance have you sought out sovereignty and denounced your citizenship yet? They say you can live free in this country by giving up your rights.