Same Sex Marriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Quills http:///t/397249/same-sex-marriage/20#post_3540465
Yep, you've made your belief pretty clear. And no I don't disagree with you on how children are made or your defense to be strait. I'll mark you down in my book as a NO when it comes to agreeing with equal rights in this country for all. By chance have you sought out sovereignty and denounced your citizenship yet? They say you can live free in this country by giving up your rights.
Quills, do equal rights exist in nature? What about the equal rights of these kids:

"Cops down here are some real jerks. Should have seen them jerking these kids out of their car the other day. Ridiculous. They weren't even resisting."

darthtang aw

When necessity requires it.
Why? Wouldn't shaving go against the natural order of the human body? The hair is produced for a reason, yet you remove it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtang AW http:///t/397249/same-sex-marriage/40#post_3540468
Why? Wouldn't shaving go against the natural order of the human body? The hair is produced for a reason, yet you remove it.
Great question Darth. But so is cancer. Sikhs believe the hair is sacred and therefore dont shave. Although Im not a Sikh the reason I seldom do is because I dont have necessity to anymore but when I did shave I did it because it was required of me and not by personal choice.

2quills

Quills,  do equal rights exist in nature?   What about the equal rights of these kids:
"Cops down here are some real jerks. Should have seen them jerking these kids out of their car the other day. Ridiculous. They weren't even resisting."
Yep, I understand your view point already. Things aren't perfect in the human world but nature is. I get it. We are a part of nature no matter how much you try to separate US in your logic. You seem to have this dooms day scenario stance on life in general. While I agree that fortune favors those who prepare I also believe that man has always faced extreme challenges and has found ways to work around them through out history. There's no reason to think that we won't ultimately work our way around issues like population, energy, depletion of resources etc. We've always faced these challenges and will continue to do so.

mohawkninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharkysMachine http:///t/397249/same-sex-marriage/20#post_3540464
Why do you hate people who disagree with you? you should tolerate different beliefs. To do otherwise would be hypocrisy.
Your argument works against you because your attempting to classify a behavior as an individual. Using the Socratic dialog, here is a basic example of what your doing:

Birds sing
Man sings
Man is a bird
I find it funny that the man who openly hates a group of people is telling me to tolerate different beliefs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkninja http:///t/397249/same-sex-marriage/40#post_3540472
I find it funny that the man who openly hates a group of people is telling me to tolerate different beliefs.
I find is sad that you openly hate people who disagree with you and then see humor in it? You should be tolerant and less hetrophobic. Fabricating assumptions doesnt help your credibility either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Quills http:///t/397249/same-sex-marriage/40#post_3540471
Yep, I understand your view point already. Things aren't perfect in the human world but nature is. I get it. We are a part of nature no matter how much you try to separate US in your logic. You seem to have this dooms day scenario stance on life in general. While I agree that fortune favors those who prepare I also believe that man has always faced extreme challenges and has found ways to work around them through out history. There's no reason to think that we won't ultimately work our way around issues like population, energy, depletion of resources etc. We've always faced these challenges and will continue to do so.
Those words sound increasingly Phamilliar. ;-) No Quills , I would never attempt to separate humans from nature, we must exist within it. To do so is what has resulted in our current state of affairs. Sorry if that was implied.

IMHO we wont work our way around those issues until radical changes are made. None of those problems has gotten better over time until a radical change is made. This is because our society makes decisions based on popularity and what will generate votes, not what is right or by those who know better but by majority even if the majority is wrong. No matter how much we dont want to acknowledge it. Human nature is based on greed and self-preservation. Unfortunately political correctness and being nice is what matters most in our society, we must accept everything for some reason? Quantity over quality seems to be the norm.

Every country with those problems has one thing in common. They are all over populated. It's a perpetually vicious game that requires, more and more and more .... The solution that needs to be addressed is our return to nature by existing within it and not against it.

This is done emulating nature not creating our own selfish systems that go against it because we fear death.

2quills

Those words sound increasingly Phamilliar. ;-)   
IMHO we wont work our way around those issues Quills until radical changes are made.  This is because our society makes decisions based on popularity and what will generate votes,  not what is right or by those who know better but by majority even if the majority is wrong.  No matter how much we dont want to acknowledge it.   Human nature is based on greed and self-preservation.   Political correctness and being nice is what matters most in our society maybe we just fear our true nature.  Quantity and not quality seems to be the norm today.    
Every country with those problems has one thing in common.  They are all over populated.    It's a perpetually viscious losing game that requires, more and more and more .... The solution that needs to be addressed is our return to nature by existing within it and not against it.  
This is done emulating nature not creating our own selfish systems that go against it because we fear death. 
Totally agree. We'll wait untill the last minute to make those radical changes. Man is pretty predictable that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Quills http:///t/397249/same-sex-marriage/40#post_3540476
Totally agree. We'll wait untill the last minute to make those radical changes. Man is pretty predictable that way.
Can make the changes as individuals by choosing to take a different path than what has led us to these problems? I always try to look at issues and ask if a choice aligns me with nature or separates me from it.

If we stopped overpopulating the world we wouldnt need more roads or more food or have as much pollution and the quality of life for all of us would improve.

Why is it so hard for humans to do this? Instead we expand govt, build more reactors (Fukishima) , destroy rain forrests for highways and poison coral reefs with cyanide?

I dont get it?

2quills

Can make the changes as individuals by choosing to take a different path than what has led us to these problems?  I always try to look at issues and ask if a choice aligns me with nature or separates me from it.  
If we stopped overpopulating the world we wouldnt need more roads or more food or have as much pollution and the quality of life for all of us would improve. 
Why is it so hard for humans to do this?   Instead we expand govt,  build more reactors (Fukishima) ,  destroy rain forrests for highways and poison coral reefs with cyanide?  
I dont get it? 
If we didn't run out of real estate on earth then we'll have no reason to shoot for the stars IMO. Could you imagine pioneering uncharted world's searching for new riches? That's some stellar stuff right right there.

mohawkninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharkysMachine http:///t/397249/same-sex-marriage/40#post_3540473
I find is sad that you openly hate people who disagree with you and then see humor in it? You should be tolerant and less hetrophobic. Fabricating assumptions doesnt help your credibility either.
I don't hate anybody. Hate is a terrible, terrible thing. You were just being hypocritical so I pointed it out. I don't hate people who disagree with me either. I just find it terrible that you would hate a certain group of people for a life choice that affects you in no way. Hetrophopic? Just because I don't hate gay people doesn't mean I hate straight people...I'm straight myself. You don't have to hate anybody. Who am I not tolerating? And what assumptions am I fabricating?

Also you shouldn't fabricate assumptions about me being heterophopic :). Practice what you preach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkninja http:///t/397249/same-sex-marriage/40#post_3540481
I don't hate anybody. Hate is a terrible, terrible thing. You were just being hypocritical so I pointed it out. I don't hate people who disagree with me either. I just find it terrible that you would hate a certain group of people for a life choice that affects you in no way. Hetrophopic? Just because I don't hate gay people doesn't mean I hate straight people...I'm straight myself. You don't have to hate anybody. Who am I not tolerating? And what assumptions am I fabricating?

Also you shouldn't fabricate assumptions about me being heterophopic :). Practice what you preach.
We should not hate people but rather evil, IMHO. If one were religious they could say God hates sin but dosent hate the individual. My argument is that homosexuality is unnatural. That which is unnatural causes harm to our species.

Assuming you've taken biology or anatomy you've learned the purpose of different bodily systems and what purpose they were naturally designed for. What the reproductive system is intended for, what the digestive system is intended for. You know where babies come from and what human biological systems allow them to develop. Would you agree this is a natural process?

Now lets look at the acts of homosexuality and what it uses these same biological systems for. Use your imagination, it's pretty disgusting what they do and how they abuse these systems. Sure a screwdriver works as a prybar, but it wasnt designed for it? Homosexuals want society to accept their lifestyle, man is easily fooled into accepting anything but nature is not. Homsexual acts dont occur in nature they stop pro-creation, there is a purpose for both male and female species. Why not accept polygamy then or ones right to marry a flock of geese? Do you see the hypocrisy now?

Im a naturalist and believe that if it isnt natural we as humans shouldnt be doing it. The closer we can emulate nature the more harmonious our existence on earth will be. Despite those who attack these beliefs , it is nature they are attacking and a fight they will never win no matter how twisted society becomes. So tack on any catchy label or belief system you want because mother nature always bats last. Tolerance yes, acceptance never.

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharkysMachine http:///t/397249/same-sex-marriage/40#post_3540486
We should not hate people but rather evil, IMHO. If one were religious they could say God hates sin but dosent hate the individual. My argument is that homosexuality is unnatural. That which is unnatural causes harm to our species.

Assuming you've taken biology or anatomy you've learned the purpose of different bodily systems and what purpose they were naturally designed for. What the reproductive system is intended for, what the digestive system is intended for. You know where babies come from and what human biological systems allow them to develop. Would you agree this is a natural process?

Now lets look at the acts of homosexuality and what it uses these same biological systems for. Use your imagination, it's pretty disgusting what they do and how they abuse these systems. Sure a screwdriver works as a prybar, but it wasnt designed for it? Homosexuals want society to accept their lifestyle, man is easily fooled into accepting anything but nature is not. Homsexual acts dont occur in nature they stop pro-creation, there is a purpose for both male and female species. Why not accept polygamy then or ones right to marry a flock of geese? Do you see the hypocrisy now?

Im a naturalist and believe that if it isnt natural we as humans shouldnt be doing it. The closer we can emulate nature the more harmonious our existence on earth will be. Despite those who attack these beliefs , it is nature they are attacking and a fight they will never win no matter how twisted society becomes. So tack on any catchy label or belief system you want because mother nature always bats last. Tolerance yes, acceptance never.

LOL.... What "straight" people do in the bedroom is just as "disgusting" depending on what kind of ummm..."fun" (this is a family site) the couple has. If you think homosexuals are the only ones involved in that kind of activity...you are very, very naive....even I know that, and I'm an old fogy.

As for nature...my dog doesn't seem to care what sex the dog is that he mounts, and wild things don't seem to care either. Also...I very seriously doubt you only engage in sex for the purpose of pro-creation, with your mind set, every time you have sex for any other reason then to make a baby, you go against nature. The truth is...in nature...human or otherwise...If it feels good they do it.

In the moral sense, we are supposed to be above such things, and restrain ourselves. Those who make a strong moral stand for Godliness are actually fighting against their nature, to ascend to a higher calling in life, instead of giving into base desires. That's why Catholic priests and nuns are supposed to never marry or engage in carnal activity...how's that for against nature.

You have things very backwards. Without the might of God's Holy spirit to help us, we are a depraved creature
. God asks us to go against our natural desires and live a holy life, a homosexual is not living a holy life, but they are not against nature either, they are rather completely following what feels good to them.

I don't eat shellfish, following that kosher law is very easy for me...but for those who love lobster, to give it up to convert to Judaism...has done a great thing to honor God. A homosexual that makes a stand to not "sin" has made a much greater sacrifice in their life then the "straight" person ever could, and they will have a much harder time to maintain that life and not give in to their desires.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower http:///t/397249/same-sex-marriage/40#post_3540489

LOL.... What "straight" people do in the bedroom is just as "disgusting" depending on what kind of ummm..."fun" (this is a family site) the couple has. If you think homosexuals are the only ones involved in that kind of activity...you are very, very naive....even I know that, and I'm an old fogy.

As for nature...my dog doesn't seem to care what sex the dog is that he mounts, and wild things don't seem to care either. Also...I very seriously doubt you only engage in sex for the purpose of pro-creation, with your mind set, every time you have sex for any other reason then to make a baby, you go against nature. The truth is...in nature...human or otherwise...If it feels good they do it.

In the moral sense, we are supposed to be above such things, and restrain ourselves. Those who make a strong moral stand for Godliness are actually fighting against their nature, to ascend to a higher calling in life, instead of giving into base desires. That's why Catholic priests and nuns are supposed to never marry or engage in carnal activity...how's that for against nature.

You have things very backwards. Without the might of God's Holy spirit to help us, we are a depraved creature. God asks us to go against our natural desires and live a holy life, a homosexual is not living a holy life, but they are not against nature either, they are rather completely following what feels good to them.

I don't eat shellfish, following that kosher law is very easy for me...but for those who love lobster, to give it up to convert to Judaism...has done a great thing to honor God. A homosexual that makes a stand to not "sin" has made a much greater sacrifice in their life then the "straight" person ever could, and they will have a much harder time to maintain that life and not give in to their desires.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharkysMachine
http:///t/397249/same-sex-marriage/40#post_3540486

Hi Flower you keep missing the point on this one and speculating. You used to get it better but now it's like shoot first and aim second? Hopefully this will make more sense. I could be wrong.
It dosent matter who does it, driving the wrong way on a one way street is unnatural. Get it.
Your confusing the sin of homosexuality with what occurs in nature. Homsexuality dosent occur in nature so rest assured ... your dog is not gay. Dogs do this because of dominance not because ol Sparky is gay. People choose to act upon homosexuality the same as any other sin. But some choose to be defined by it. All one needs to do is look to nature for confirmation, you wont see two male animals nursing each other or two female animals well you get the point .... It's an unnatural act and not what those parts of the anatomy were intended for. Sure straight people do it, but straight couples also have a natural option that uses the anatomy for the purpose it was designed for. Homosexuals do not.

Im not sure animals sin or have a soul therefore I cannot compile the them into the same category. Depending on ones faith, homosexuality is a sin in many religions. The point is homosexuality is unnatural, it's considered a sin by many religions and the acts it encourages misuse the human anatomy. So no matter how much one denies it or how popular it becomes, it will be right, otherwise we would all be the same sex. By defining ones life by a sin It is impossible for one who rejects forgiveness of sin to be free of it .

aggiealum

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharkysMachine http:///t/397249/same-sex-marriage/40#post_3540486

Your arguments on this topic are all over the place. One minute you have no problem with gay marriages, then you start this philosophical discussion about human anatomy and surmise that since homosexuality is "unnatural", the "natural" course of action is to distinguish that group from society or this planet before it becomes the dominant creature (which is virtually impossible). In the biological sense, homosexuals can't directly procreate. However, with today's scientific advances, lesbian couples can have children using en vitro fertilization. You may call that "unnatural" when looking at the technical definition of procreation, but it happens all the time, even with heterosexual couples. A homosexual man can still procreate by simply having their sperm inseminated into a willing female "host". I remember these quotes from Jurassic Park:

Dr. Ian Malcolm: God creates dinosaurs. God destroys dinosaurs. God creates man. Man destroys God. Man creates dinosaurs.
Dr. Ellie Sattler: Dinosaurs eat man. Woman inherits the earth.

Dr. Ian Malcolm: John, the kind of control you're attempting simply is... it's not possible. If there is one thing the history of evolution has taught us it's that life will not be contained. Life breaks free, it expands to new territories and crashes through barriers, painfully, maybe even dangerously, but, uh... well, there it is.

Henry Wu
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000703/?ref_=tt_trv_qu: You're implying that a group composed entirely of female animals will... breed?
Dr. Ian Malcolm
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000156/?ref_=tt_trv_qu: No, I'm, I'm simply saying that life, uh... finds a way.

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharkysMachine http:///t/397249/same-sex-marriage/40#post_3540491

It dosent matter who does it, driving the wrong way on a one way street is unnatural. Get it.
Your confusing the sin of homosexuality with what occurs in nature. Homsexuality dosent occur in nature so rest assured ... your dog is not gay. Dogs do this because of dominance not because ol Sparky is gay. People choose to act upon homosexuality the same as any other sin. But some choose to be defined by it. All one needs to do is look to nature for confirmation, you wont see two male animals nursing each other or two female animals well you get the point .... It's an unnatural act and not what those parts of the anatomy were intended for. Sure straight people do it, but straight couples also have a natural option that uses the anatomy for the purpose it was designed for. Homosexuals do not.

Im not sure animals sin or have a soul therefore I cannot compile the them into the same category. Depending on ones faith, homosexuality is a sin in many religions. The point is homosexuality is unnatural, it's considered a sin by many religions and the acts it encourages misuse the human anatomy. So no matter how much one denies it or how popular it becomes, it will be right, otherwise we would all be the same sex. By defining ones life by a sin It is impossible for one who rejects forgiveness of sin to be free of it .

When I say natural for them, it's because it's not natural for me or perhaps the majority of society...AKA The norm. The subject is same sex marriage, it doesn't matter if what somebody does is against the "natural" way. Getting a license from the state to be allowed to be committed to each other is not going to prevent humans from procreating, frankly we have too many children being born..in and out of wedlock. Some people shouldn't ever have children, and some folks who would make truly awesome parents can't have children at all. The species isn't going to suffer because some folks like the same sex.

Aside from the moral high ground, and declaring it a sin according to religion...What's the beef?

Does it appall you for a gay person to be able to have some say on the care of their partner in the hospital setting, or the right to say pull the plug?
Does it upset you for a gay person to celebrate the date they "tied the knot"?
Is it really so horrible for a gay person to stand up and say, his/her debt is my debt, we will pay it together?
Will it make any difference to you if one inherits the assets and debts of the other?
Does it affect you or yours in any way shape of form what they do behind closed doors, in their own home?
Does it really bother you if they can purchase health insurance so they can pay their hospital bills like everyone else?

So what is it that having a license to show commitment to each other, that makes it any of anyone else's business? The sex acts, they do regardless ... the license is not a license to have sex. It's just a binding contract of commitment between two people, that the state will recognize.

I'm a deeply religious person, I realized a long time ago that my books say God is angry with the world, to turn from your sin (whatever it is) and live. We can't force the world to believe as we do, accept the books we do, follow our way of life, or even want our moral compass to guide them. When it comes to religion, it's every person for themselves... "work out your own salvation, with fear and trembling" Philippians 2:12

The world accepts abortion, same sex couples, people being mean to each other in "free speech", just to name a few.... All I can say to the world around me is that...As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord. The Taliban wants to force the world to believe as they do, and kill everyone that doesn't.... I consider them to be a bunch of nuts, and anyone else who thinks they need to cookie cut all the people to be the same as they are....

mohawkninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharkysMachine http:///t/397249/same-sex-marriage/40#post_3540491

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual_behavior_in_animals

Also, animals don't wear clothes, cut their hair, take showers,brush their teeth, cut their nails, etc. Guess you should stop doing that. It's not natural.
How does it affect you in any way that some people like others of the same sex?
Lastly, I have multiple homosexual or bisexual friends, and you are born with a sexual orientation. It is about as reversible as your eye color. You don't choose it.

silverado61

I have a friend that I've known for over twenty years. He's been married for over 30. He has 4 grown children. When he's with his wife, the rest of the world doesn't exist. You can see it in his eyes that he is truly in love with this woman. He buys her flowers on her Birthday, holidays and for no other reason than just because. He holds her hand in public and opens doors for her.

But, if you didn't know him personally and took notice of his mannerisms or speech, you would think that he is as gay as the day is long. Simply by the way he handles himself or talks.

It could be as simple as a misplaced/replaced gene, chromosome or hormones dished out at conception (Sorry, I'm not a Chemist, Scientist or Doctor so my terminology is off). In which case it's not a matter of choice but rather mother nature throwing you a curve ball. Nature is not perfect. Nor are humans and if you think you are then, please, cast the first stone.

I'm not saying that all gays don't have a choice to be so. Some do choose. But some don't have a choice. To them choosing not to be gay when chemistry tells them they are is like going against nature for them. There have been homosexuals that have committed suicide because they are humiliated by their urges or how their body tells them to feel and they become so depressed that suicide seems to be the only relief in sight for them.

Have you ever heard the saying: "I'm a man trapped in a woman's body" or "I'm a woman trapped in a man's body"? It's more real than you would think.

My Sister is gay and her whole life she has vehemently denied it to herself and the world. Until the day she tried to kill herself because of the depression it caused. Now she embraces the fact that she's a lesbian and is at peace with herself and lives a happy and fruitful life because she has excepted that nature has dealt her that hand right or wrong. I love her more now than ever and I for one am very proud of my sister for choosing to embrace who she is. A kind, generous, giving, loving person that just so happens to be gay.

"They're here. They're queer. Get used to it."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower http:///t/397249/same-sex-marriage/40#post_3540498

When I say natural for them, it's because it's not natural for me or perhaps the majority of society...AKA The norm. The subject is same sex marriage, it doesn't matter if what somebody does is against the "natural" way. Getting a license from the state to be allowed to be committed to each other is not going to prevent humans from procreating, frankly we have too many children being born..in and out of wedlock. Some people shouldn't ever have children, and some folks who would make truly awesome parents can't have children at all. The species isn't going to suffer because some folks like the same sex.

Aside from the moral high ground, and declaring it a sin according to religion...What's the beef?

Does it appall you for a gay person to be able to have some say on the care of their partner in the hospital setting, or the right to say pull the plug?
Does it upset you for a gay person to celebrate the date they "tied the knot"?
Is it really so horrible for a gay person to stand up and say, his/her debt is my debt, we will pay it together?
Will it make any difference to you if one inherits the assets and debts of the other?
Does it affect you or yours in any way shape of form what they do behind closed doors, in their own home?
Does it really bother you if they can purchase health insurance so they can pay their hospital bills like everyone else?

So what is it that having a license to show commitment to each other, that makes it any of anyone else's business? The sex acts, they do regardless ... the license is not a license to have sex. It's just a binding contract of commitment between two people, that the state will recognize.

I'm a deeply religious person, I realized a long time ago that my books say God is angry with the world, to turn from your sin (whatever it is) and live. We can't force the world to believe as we do, accept the books we do, follow our way of life, or even want our moral compass to guide them. When it comes to religion, it's every person for themselves... "work out your own salvation, with fear and trembling" Philippians 2:12

The world accepts abortion, same sex couples, people being mean to each other in "free speech", just to name a few.... All I can say to the world around me is that...As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord. The Taliban wants to force the world to believe as they do, and kill everyone that doesn't.... I consider them to be a bunch of nuts, and anyone else who thinks they need to cookie cut all the people to be the same as they are....

Hi Flower. Isnt that enough of a reason or "beef"? Isnt morality and faith what guides you? So toss that aside then, why not allow polygamy or one to marry a flock of geese? We should not be so judgmental to presume to know better and not accept their choices into society also. I know your a religious person and probably dont want to hear this but by condoning and accepting evil by any name you turn your back on God. Matthew 6:24. Ask around enough and you will always be told what you want to hear as the world is ready to supply you with any answer you wish to receive.

Perhaps you should study the effects of moral decline upon a society i.e Sodom and Gomorrah or Rome and then reflect upon nature of man. It's not natural even for homosexuals because they have the same anatomy as any other human being. The more man distances himself from nature the more dysfunction he brings upon himself. The world will accept anything.