Same Sex Marriage

aggiealum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtang AW http:///t/397249/same-sex-marriage/120#post_3540807
It isn't geese...but....
http://www.newvision.co.ug/news/647000-man-in-brazil-to-marry-goat.html
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/18/man-marries-dead-girlfriend-thailand_n_1211497.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human%E2%80%93animal_marriage
There extremism in every society. There was some reference to cannibalism earlier, and there's documented proof that occurs in various African regions. Should we exterminate that class of humans as well since they practice what they feel is simply the norm in their society? Why stop there? Back in the 50's, interracial marriages were considered "abnormal", and Black men were strung up in the South for simply dating a White woman. Ignorant Southerners used to claim if a baby were conceived from one of those relationships, it would come out with some major deformities.

2quills

Agreed, lets give them their rights and move on. It's not that big of a deal. They work, they pay taxes, they deserve the same benefits. Pretty simple.

darthtang aw

There extremism in every society.  There was some reference to cannibalism earlier, and there's documented proof that occurs in various African regions. Should we exterminate that class of humans as well since they practice what they feel is simply the norm in their society?  Why stop there?  Back in the 50's, interracial marriages were considered "abnormal", and Black men were strung up in the South for simply dating a White woman.  Ignorant Southerners used to claim if a baby were conceived from one of those relationships, it would come out with some major deformities.
You are making the point for him I believe. With each passing decade, certain actions begin to be accepted as "normal". Even though those actions weren't common many years ago and viewed as the "extreme" to society....the next debate could be animal marriage and the "extreme" could be necrophilia marriage....I guess the question is, is there a tipping point?

aggiealum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtang AW http:///t/397249/same-sex-marriage/140#post_3540920
You are making the point for him I believe. With each passing decade, certain actions begin to be accepted as "normal". Even though those actions weren't common many years ago and viewed as the "extreme" to society....the next debate could be animal marriage and the "extreme" could be necrophilia marriage....I guess the question is, is there a tipping point?
It's what the majority in a society will bear and accept. If the majority of Americans in this country think it's OK to marry a sheep, so be it. Doesn't affect me in the least if you want to marry your livestock. Now using that marriage as a way to reduce a person's tax burden would affect me in the grand scheme of things, but do you honestly think those types of marriages would pass the "smell test" and get tax laws changed to allow those exemptions? Doubt it, simply due to the fact that those types of marriages would be so miniscule, they wouldn't have a large enough voice in our society to convince us there a justification to do so.

The difference between homosexuality, beastiality, or any other "unnatural" sexual act you can think of, is homosexuality has been recognized since the dawn of time (based on all these Biblical verses that homophobes seem to use to justify their rationale for hating these people) as a form of relationships between two human beings. Not sure if there's any historical data to show what acceptance these individuals had through the course of history, but I don't recall any Bible verses talking about the sins of necrophilia or any of these other "extreme" actions you speak of.

darthtang aw

It's what the majority in a society will bear and accept.  If the majority of Americans in this country think it's OK to marry a sheep, so be it.  Doesn't affect me in the least if you want to marry your livestock.  Now using that marriage as a way to reduce a person's tax burden would affect me in the grand scheme of things, but do you honestly think those types of marriages would pass the "smell test" and get tax laws changed to allow those exemptions?  Doubt it, simply due to the fact that those types of marriages would be so miniscule, they wouldn't have a large enough voice in our society to convince us there a justification to do so.
The difference between homosexuality, beastiality, or any other "unnatural" sexual act you can think of, is homosexuality has been recognized since the dawn of time (based on all these Biblical verses that homophobes seem to use to justify their rationale for hating these people) as a form of relationships between two human beings.  Not sure if there's any historical data to show what acceptance these individuals had through the course of history, but I don't recall any Bible verses talking about the sins of necrophilia or any of these other "extreme" actions you speak of.
Fornication is the word when translated. This word encompassed all those actions back then. Based off language translations.
I wouldn't say society accepts it. Tolerates it is the apt word. Acceptance signifies a desire for the occurrance. When your children were born...did you look at them and hope they would grow up to be gay? As your children grew up, did you hope they would be gay or prepare yourself for them to admit they were gay? You most probably didn't, or didn't even think about it. Because it is not truly accepted. It is merely tolerated.
In Africa, society there accepts genocide and child sex. So since they accept it should we not try to address the issue. or ignore it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtang AW http:///t/397249/same-sex-marriage/140#post_3540920
This is exactly correct, numbing down or dumbing down of society often results if something is repeated enough. The shape society is in now is a perfect example of this. We are in severe moral decline today because cowardice disguised as political correctness runs rampant.

In an any thing goes society the results are often destructive. Despite what the stubborn, hypocritical cynical old man from US Davis thinks the US was in much better shape 50 years ago.

2quills

In Africa, society there accepts genocide and child sex. So since they accept it should we not try to address the issue. or ignore it?
How are the people accepting that? I can't imagine the whole of Africa is onboard with genocide and child sex.

darthtang aw

How are the people accepting that? I can't imagine the whole of Africa is onboard with genocide and child sex.
The same way our society accept marijuana and our society is tolerant of illegal immigration. The federal government is not doing as much as they are suppossed to. They turn a blind eye to most. Much like the governments in africa.

2quills

Everything man touches period he screws up. Trial and error. How many times did Edison fail before succeeding to create the light bulb?
Homosexual behavior appears to have been around for as long as we've had written history. How does it have anything to do with genocide other than the propaganda factor? Is the government planning on exterminating gays and I didn't get the memo?

Dont know about you Quills but the best things I've done in my life have been things I've done for myself. The worst things in my life have come from others. Dont know why but I used to constantly have to Phix (i.e Phixer) the messes created by others all the time. I didnt mind because it was easy for me, but none the less I began to see the value in the phrase ... if you want something done right often times you must do it yourself. Another reason govt is worthless to me.

darthtang aw

Everything man touches period he screws up. Trial and error. How many times did Edison fail before succeeding to create the light bulb?
Homosexual behavior appears to have been around for as long as we've had written history. How does it have anything to do with genocide other than the propaganda factor? Is the government planning on exterminating gays and I didn't get the memo?
The point was made that if society tolerates things they should be fine to do. I was jut pointing out things other governments and ours tolerate. Which arent fine

2quills

Dont know about you Quills but the best things I've done in my life have been things I've done for myself.   The worst things in my life have come from others.     Dont know why but I used to constantly have to Phix (i.e Phixer) the messes created by others all the time.   I didnt mind because it was easy for me, but none the less I began to see the value in the phrase ... if you want something done right often times you must do it yourself.   Another reason govt is worthless to me.
Sounds like you just gave up. Did your memaw tell you that life was supposed to be a basket of roses? Taking the easy way out is for, well...wimps. why are you always having to fix things, why do you fix your posts so much? Do you feel broken? Get yourself together, son.
I recommend a tall drink, take two subsidies and call me in the morning once you've gained your sanity back.

2quills

The point was made that if society tolerates things they should be fine to do. I was jut pointing out things other governments and ours tolerate. Which arent fine
Tolerance changes as our understanding grows. Or at least it should IMO. I agree with the idea that most are tolerant but do not wish to accept. All I know is this is the year 2014 and natural born, tax paying citizens are unlawfully still being discriminated against by state governments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Quills http:///t/397249/same-sex-marriage/140#post_3540959
Sounds like you just gave up. Did your memaw tell you that life was supposed to be a basket of roses? Taking the easy way out is for, well...wimps. why are you always having to fix things, why do you fix your posts so much? Do you feel broken? Get yourself together, son.
I recommend a tall drink, take two subsidies and call me in the morning once you've gained your sanity back.
Not at all Quills. Im a pretty busy person and dont spend all day on a web forums. Eventually it's starts to sound like a broken record with the same hollow arguments coming back with no basis to them. You say what needs to be said, and move on, people dont change. I'll never accept that disgusting lifestyle no matter how popular it becomes , I would gladly wear the badge of a homophobe with pride any day simply to distinguish myself from the rest of the sheeple. To be honest ....I really could care less what others want to shove in their *sses

When I edit a post after learning more information it makes for a better post, think of it as fine tuning. Or call it evolution and refinement, the more you learn the more you tweak. Thats what the button is there forl. Kind of like a hot rod engine or a musical instrument. When you stop learning you stop evolving.

Your starting to sound like the old man from UC Davis.

2quills

Not at all Quills.  Im a pretty busy person and dont spend all day on a web forums.    Eventually it's starts to sound like a broken record with the same hollow arguments coming back with no basis to them.      You say what needs to be said,  and move on,  people dont change.    I'll never accept that disgusting lifestyle no matter how popular it becomes ,  I would gladly wear the badge of a homophobe with pride any day simply to distinguish myself from the rest of the sheeple.   To be honest ....I really could care less  what others want to shove in their *sses :laughing:  
When I edit a post after learning more information it makes for a better post,  think of it as fine tuning.   Or call it evolution and refinement,  the more you learn the more you tweak.  Thats what the button is there forl.    Kind of like a hot rod engine or a musical instrument.      When you stop learning you stop evolving.
Your starting to sound like the old man from UC Davis.:rotfl:  
And yet here you are still tweaking. The evolutionary Jesus Christ super star. To be honest, you not giving a damn about how others live is about as believable as your posts sounding like a fine tuned machine. Speaking of hollow....:laughing:

aggiealum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtang AW http:///t/397249/same-sex-marriage/140#post_3540929
Fornication is the word when translated. This word encompassed all those actions back then. Based off language translations.
I wouldn't say society accepts it. Tolerates it is the apt word. Acceptance signifies a desire for the occurrance. When your children were born...did you look at them and hope they would grow up to be gay? As your children grew up, did you hope they would be gay or prepare yourself for them to admit they were gay? You most probably didn't, or didn't even think about it. Because it is not truly accepted. It is merely tolerated.
When my children were born, I looked at them to grow up however their destiny allowed them to grow. If that meant that they were gay, so be it. So what, you're now one of these be people who think they can force someone not to be gay? Not truly accepted? By whose standards, yours? Hate to burst your bubble, but our society has become more tolerant to homosexual lifestyles, and with tolerance comes acceptance. Just as I stated in my previous example, depending on what part of the country you live in, interracial marriages are still not truly accepted, merely tolerated. When your children were growing up, did you look at them and hope they would grow up and marry someone of an opposite race (Mexican, African American, Pakistani)?