sand ? for FOWLR tank

engineer

Originally Posted by AW2x3
I use the medium grain, white sand. It's in a brown and yellow paper bag.
Not necessarily...they had it at all the HD's in Chicago (where I've lived for the past 6 years). I just moved back to my hometown, in Southern IL and the HD here does not have it and they say they cant order it for me either...that's why I was forced to go back to using aragonite.

I am from Southern illinois, my family still lives there. Around Carbondale, murphysboro, in a lil town named Ava.

engineer

I would go with the fine, the finer the better(IMO) If you get the courser sand sometimes it can act like CC and hide detritus!

aw2x3

Originally Posted by engineer
I am from Southern illinois, my family still lives there. Around Carbondale, murphysboro, in a lil town named Ava.
Born, raised and currently living back in Herrin. lol
Originally Posted by engineer

I would go with the fine, the finer the better(IMO) If you get the courser sand sometimes it can act like CC and hide detritus!
I've never tried the "fine grain" stuff because I was worried about it turning into a sand storm. Even tho I keep only pred. tanks, I still like ALOT of flow in them.
The "medium grain" will still get pushed around by the current, sometimes, but it'll eventually settle...it's also compact enough to give you a nice, impenetrable sand bed, keeping detrius on the top.