Sand Sand Sand Sand Scream

nitram

Ok I'm just tired of looking for this southdownor yardright tropical playsand I have called went and searched EVERYONE thinks I'm stupid. Is there any other kind of sand I can use, like quick crete Thats the only kind I can find I have had my tank that I bought for going on two weeks and I am eger to get it set up. Also the cheapest that I found on line is 1.00 a lb for 300 lbs plus for shipping is 700 to 1000 to ship it Someone please help me. should I just go down to the LFS and buy his or not????

julius

Home Depot dont carry it out there,I know out here its still available it's in the aisle were all the cement is, it should be there.it should be in a clear bag

nitram

Well colorada is just a wee bit to far for me to drive. I was just checking this one site for argonite sand for 300 lbs it is going to cost me with shipping 307.00. thats just to much, So I guess tomorrow Ill goto my LFS and see what hes got. If anyone else knows of anything in the Nashville TN area that I can find or use please tell me.

nitram

well I called my LFS and asked for a price and it totaled almost 300 before tax. So My next plan is tomorrow I'm calling homedepot cust care and see if they can help me. I'm going to have to find a solution to this so please some one help.

julius

just dont tell them is for a fish tank. they should have it just say you need it for your kids sand box you are building.

nitram

well I've tryed everything I've called the home depot main office and the store near me and I get the same answer they do not carry it in the Tn region so I called some places in michigan and they stock it but only in the spring and summer months. So I am in a pickle I have got everything I need to get started but NO SAND. So please some one tell me what I am to do. Is there any sand I can use but this (southdown) or yardright tropical play sand. I talked to a neither LFS and he had a sand (no nameand no description) Its kind of tan but it was 3.49 for 5lbs wich I need 350lbs = $244.30 + tax, So should I go with this or shpould I pay a neither 100 or so and get live sand. This has put me a week behind because I have to go back to work tomorrow and was planning to do this while I was off:confused: But I guess my plans arn't his plans so I guess I will stop fumming and get on with it. So if anyone can think of anything that I could do before I go out and spend a bunch of CASH please let me know. Thanks

nitram

Well I just give up I have searched and searched so I guess I'm just going to have to pay out the wazoo for some sand. but onday I will have a nice tank to look at and smile at and just be happy. I have all ready spent close to 1700.00 so far and still have more to go. I know some of youhave spent more so I guess I should just be happy. So If none of you have give me a good suggestion by 12:00 pm tomorrow I'm going to go for the plunge. Thanks for all of your help or at least one person.:confused: :help: :nervous:
:rolleyes:

I know Lowes sometimes carries the stuff as well. You could also do a search on the internet for the manufacturer. Call them and see if anyone local carries it.

Or, I wonder if it would be economical for someone to UPS you 7 bags of the stuff from HD? The sand is certainly cheap enough. I don't know if the shipping would kill you. I would help, but you'd be better off with someone closer. Anyone near TN?

coachwah

HD has southdown here in MI. I checked on the shipping to a place south of Nashville (Spring Hill) and it would cost you about the $300 you were looking at before. ~$270 for UPS ground and $7 per bag for the sand.

nitram

Well I sure appreciate you looking into this for me. Today I went to my LFS and bite the bullet and bought 300lbs of arginate sand for $268.00. Very high but I guess I just was in that boat. I have really throwed down some money in the past couple of weeks.
125 Gal tank, stand, Hoods, and lights $635.00
40 Gal Sump refugium with protein skimmer $329.00
100lbs of live rock $200.00
60lbs base rock $ 60.00
2 Coralife Power Center $ 40.00
2 200watt heaters $ 30.00
2 Aquaclear 4000 Aquarium Power Heads $ 30.00
set of moomlights $ 35.00
300lbs Arginate sand $268.00
Total $1627.00

I have other equipment in my 55 gal tank that I will be moving to this tank with fish and stuff.
So now I get to start the long process of moving my 55 gal tank over so I can set my 125 in its place, then set it all up that should be fun though.
So In my 55 gal tank I have CC so I am wanting to try to seed my sand bed. Do you think if I put some of my CC in my tank it would be ok, maybee put the CC on some kind of net or something like that? Well I hope my spending is over for a little while at least the big dollars. If you guys see anything else I need just tell me I want cry to much.

sdelim25

JULIUS
Which HD in Denver has the southdown sand for sale?
I would like to get some if they still have it.
Mike

julius

The one I go to is by 88th and wadsworth I just bought some a couple of mths ago they had a bunch of it.