sand stars on the glass

ndpb6b

I just bought 4 sand sifting stars yesterday and I woke up this morning to see a few of them on the glass. As cool as it looks is this okay for them and is it normal? They are in a 125 fish/invert peaceful tank. Any info on the sand sifters would be wonderful.
Thanks,
Newt

yellowtail

info: eat good stuff in your sandbed.
at night mine would always talk a little midnight stroll around the tank glass.no problem

ndpb6b

That's what I'm looking to here but if anyone else has any stories or more info. please feel free to add it as well.
Thanks all,
Newt

bigarn

I hope you acclimated them right....They're not the easiest Stars to keep. They'll start spending less time on the glass as they adapt to your tank.
Good Luck:D

ndpb6b

I floated them and added some water slowly to their bags and then dumped their water and put them in the tank. I have a 125 so I evenly spaced them out along the front sand. They all buried themselves right away. As far as I can tell they seem healthy.

maxi

Mine would occassionally take a climb on the glass too. I returned him to the store when I learn he was munching on the little creatures in my sand bed. I also noticed a reduction in my pod population. You may want to reconsider having 4 of them.