Sandbed questions

user420

Would a 2 1/2- 3 " sand bed be too much? What would be best to keep things clean or should i take some out while I still can?

djcanis

I think, and I could be wrong, it depends on what you plans are. Both shallow and deep sand beds have benefits. Deep beds dont get cleaned by snad sifters and what not so any sand cleaning crew would be bad in a deep bed. A deep bed if I recall is 4" and over... I know there is a danger zone in between a shallow and deep bed, but I am not sure exactly what that is...
Can someone else add on that? Of course I could be way off...

tdog7879

Originally Posted by user420
http:///forum/post/3064389
Would a 2 1/2- 3 " sand bed be too much? What would be best to keep things clean or should i take some out while I still can?
your going to have a ton of mixed opinions on this topic: Simple methods: Deep Sand bed min 4 inches. Bare bottom or no sand. I would google these 2 methods or search this forum....there are allot of threads on this topic.

t316

I started with about a 2 1/2" deep bed, and later got a diamond goby to help keep it clean (and a wonderful job he does I might add). But the goby moves the sand around to his liking, so now there are a couple of corners that are almost bare bottom, and some areas in the middle that must be 4 1/2" deep. But he keeps all areas sifted fairly well, so there is not much buildup of bad stuff anywhere.

user420

Hey thanks that is the thing I poured it in and it is anywhere from 3" - 1.5" across the tank. I figure it will all level its self out
Ill google them thanks