Satellite Lighting for my 55gal, Good Choice?

new2u

what i did was to return the 2 bulbs it comes with they give you credit and then get 4 ati bulbs 2 11ks for front and back an acentic 03 for the 2nd to front and a blue plus for 2nd to back so it goes
acentic
blue plus
the bulbs are more expencive but last sooo much longer.

arkey.d

What wattage for the bulbs that I would be getting? 24, 39 or 54?
With adding the legs, the bulbs plus shipping, The Tek hood will run a good $400. For that price will it support all coral and anenomes?

aloredo

:notsure: so quick question for u guys i have the satellite set up u know 4x65 on my 72gal tank will i be able to put coral and anonem in there and could up my bulbs to95 with this setup or do i need to change out ballast :nervous:

new2u

get the grip lock cabel suspention system unless you have a sheet rook celing yes every thing 54 watt bulbs and when it comes time to replace bulbs it youll be lovin it. PC would run around 100 bucks every 6 months and t5 will be around 150 every 18 months! You do the math

arkey.d

Sounds like the T5 is the most cost effective unit! I do got plaster and lathe ceilings, so I could hang it. I gues hang it about 10" above the tank. Thanks for the help!
aloredo- I think you would have to change your ballasts out for the 95's. Your fine for the beginner corals, not sure on the anenomes they definetly need the right lighting just like the expert corals.

blitz99

Originally posted by Dacia
Personally, I think that rather than buying the satellite plus new lamps, you might be able to save money by getting the comparable orbit fixture from the start. Orbits have higher quality lamps so you don't have to buy new ones at first. I have an orbit over my 30 and love it. The satellite is great, too, just trying to weigh out the cost measures.

Dacia, satelite and orbit are made by current... they come with the exact same bulbs, the only difference is one has more moonlights...
i've priced both at: 195 for satelite and 245 for the orbit...
only diff is the moonlights... 1 vs. 4.
web aquatics has them... great customer service as well.