saved something from the lfs dont know what it is?

mobikobeyob

The more light you have, the less often you will have to feed it.
I'd say half a cocktail shrimp 1 time a week would do it regardless of lighting (providing you have reef type lighting). if you have halides you could probably feed it 1 time every 3 weeks.
Nice BTW:D
Mobi:D

sweetreef

cocktail shrimp i wouldnt feed nothing in my tank with it they are cooked there for have no nutrients for anything in your tank so they do you no good to them its like chewing on a piece of rubber i would feed it silversides are krill to keep it healthy!!

sweetreef

cocktail shrimp they are not the best thing to feed your corals are fish because they are cook just think of it this way how many fish are corals get cooked food in the ocean...i just dont feed cocktail shrimp to my fish are corals thats just my 2cents..

dogstar

Anemones are not easy to keep and carpets are some of the hardest. They need strong lighting so you should probly place it high on your rocks unless you have MH. That one does not look to healthy but Ive seen worst than that come back. Carpets also like to move around more than other anemones for what ever reasons and they can kill any corals that touch them or they tough. Start reading the clown and anemone threads and you can post and learn more about them there. I wish you the best of luck because they are such beutiful animals.

22caddy

Looks like a unhealthy green carpet anemone. You better have halides. You can feed uncooked cocktail shrimp, but not cooked. Silversides, mysis, krill would be best for it.

viper_930

IMO if you do not have metal halide lights there is very little (and I mean VERY little) chance of it living long term. But for now, feed it meaty foods like mysis shrimp, clam, squid, cocktail shrimp, etc. 3 times a week. Even if you do have metal halides, you should still feed 3 times a week.
Also a word about saving things from a LFS.
If you decide to save something, they would just buy even more to supply the demand for the animal. It is best not to save a dieing animal, even if it does die they should learn those don't sell and won't buy anymore.

mobikobeyob

Originally posted by sweetreef
cocktail shrimp i wouldnt feed nothing in my tank with it they are cooked there for have no nutrients for anything in your tank so they do you no good to them its like chewing on a piece of rubber i would feed it silversides are krill to keep it healthy!!

Um, yeah definately a RAW coctail shrimp. lol
Mobi:D

22caddy

Um, yeah definately a RAW coctail shrimp. lol
Um, a lot of cocktail shrimp is pre-cooked. Thats what he was refering to.

mrmaroon

Not to be rude, but why do you think you are "saving" it? Those are quite hard to keep and I wish you the best of luck, but you are only helping others to follow in its place. Do a lot of research. You will save a lot of $ in the long run, and not to mention a few animals lives, if you read about things before you buy them.