"say hello to my little friend"

moraym

And his playground:
(all to himself, well except a small sebae clown that looks like he's not going to make it through the acclimation period, no wonder he was only $7.00)

moraym

I don't know if you can tell by the pic, but this is THE MOST porous LR i have ever purchased. They're large chunks, but there are tons of holes, many of which go all the way through or form ******** caverns. Most of which are large enough to get your finger in, which kinda worried me when I first put the rock in, watching out for a large mantis or so.
Yes, the tank is small for him, it's a 29T on my desk. But i'm moving jobs and homes in two months, and then the snowflake gets to move into the 55g, and the 15-inch moray in the 55 now gets something nicer too.
Just wanted to send a few, albeit mediocre, pictures since this has been a bad month for losing fish on this board. The SFE seems very happy, constantly exploring his new rock playground.

moraym

By the way, anyone curious as to how hardy a snowflake is, here's the acclimation story.
While cutting open the top of the bag, it slips out of my hands and the water and eel pour out onto my carpeted floor. So i'm trying to pick up the eel, which is completely futile since he's so small and theyre so slimy you can't pick them up. So I rush into the other room, open the closet, grab the net and come back to scoop him into the acclimation tank.
And also if you're wondering how far an eel can get when he hops out of your tank: in just the time i went to the other room for the net and came back, this little guy moved himself FOUR FEET across heavy carpet. Now imagine how far your adult eels could slither in an hour after they escape....:eek:

moto757

looks good that is about how big mine was when i got him cool rocks i got a couple like that not many though hope he does well

lestregus

cute little guy! the SFE is one of the hardiest fish there is. precaution must be taken or these guys will jump out of your tank. even if well fed and with plenty of rocks. mine did it the first time after i had him for around 2 years. i was watching the tank though :happy: enjoy your new fish!

moraym

I learned that lesson well with morays in my brackish tank. Even at 15 inches, I know my moray would be able to slip out of even the smallest hole if I didn't completely cover the tank.