Say hello to the next star running back at University of Michigan!!

crimzy

Originally Posted by Rylan1
We may have to... I think people are sleeping on OSU...not expecting much and I think we are just as good as usual..We are solid on D and offense is a ? but we have 3-4 quality recievers and 2 quality rbs and an up in coming frosh in Mr. Ohio Brandon Saine who can catch and is 100m champ. If our QB is any good than we can and will beat you just like that last 3 years. Oh and our O'line is back....
In regards to NBA...I'm not sold on celtics...they have no bench or anyone that makes others better, except maybe KG. The need a center too. Heat is aging...they need to rebuild that team... Bulls have a chance... CAVS will always be contenters for along time to come given management puts quality players around 'Bron
But both the NBA and College Football, and NFL will be exciting this year...can't wait

I'll tell you that your questionable quarterback, couple of questionable receivers and a decent rb cannot stand up to Chad Henne, Manningham and Arrington, and Mike Hart. No contest here.
I agree with you about Boston and Miami. Boston is a playoff team but will not go to the finals. None of their big guns have proven that they can do anything in the playoffs (KG is their most proven). Bulls are decent. Pistons are a move away from winning the east but will still be near the top. Cleveland is a one hit wonder (remember the sixers in 2000). They have Lebron but he can't do it alone. He needs a lot of help before the Cavs can think about a championship.

vpotts28

Originally Posted by NigerBang
Sean Bailey will be back this year so that will help out...Arkansas is seems to be hit or miss...They will get killed one week and next week come out like rabid dogs...
LSU is ranked what #3...doesnt surprise me..Remember though Tenn was picked to win the SEC...what..year before last and had a terrible season..
SEC is wide open again this year. The east is very weak, the west well that will be exciting. Auburn can contend, but their D is very small, but extremely fast. We will see how Alabama responds to Saban. And Ark, anytime McFadden is on the field they are a threat to score.

vpotts28

Originally Posted by crimzy
I'll tell you that your questionable quarterback, couple of questionable receivers and a decent rb cannot stand up to Chad Henne, Manningham and Arrington, and Mike Hart. No contest here.
I agree with you about Boston and Miami. Boston is a playoff team but will not go to the finals. None of their big guns have proven that they can do anything in the playoffs (KG is their most proven). Bulls are decent. Pistons are a move away from winning the east but will still be near the top. Cleveland is a one hit wonder (remember the sixers in 2000). They have Lebron but he can't do it alone. He needs a lot of help before the Cavs can think about a championship.
The Celtics will be sick this year. Forget KG and Pierce, they have the best pure shooter in the league with Ray Allen he is lights out from outside. They have Rondo, who is a great defender. Mark my words, Celtics will be in the East Finals.

nigerbang

Originally Posted by Vpotts28
SEC is wide open again this year. The east is very weak, the west well that will be exciting. Auburn can contend, but their D is very small, but extremely fast. We will see how Alabama responds to Saban. And Ark, anytime McFadden is on the field they are a threat to score.
I think it might take a little while for Alabama to adjust..I see about 2 rebuilding years in their future...Most bama fans still talk about them like its still the Bear days..

vpotts28

For the money that is being paid to Saban, I don't think they want to hear 2 years of rebuilding. If they don't win in the next year, it will be another black eye for Alabama.

nigerbang

I saw this list somewhere....Its the Conf. rankings..
1. Southeastern Conference
2. Big 12
3. Pac-10
4. Big Ten
5. ACC
6. Big East
7. Mountain West
8. WAC
9. C-USA
10. MAC
11. Sun Belt
I think it was on Yahoo..

nigerbang

For the money that is being paid to Saban, I don't think they want to hear 2 years of rebuilding. If they don't win in the next year, it will be another black eye for Alabama.
Yup...
I look foward this another round with SC and Darth Visor..

vpotts28

I saw this list somewhere....Its the Conf. rankings..
1. Southeastern Conference
2. Big 12
3. Pac-10
4. Big Ten
5. ACC
6. Big East
7. Mountain West
8. WAC
9. C-USA
10. MAC
11. Sun Belt
I think it was on Yahoo..
Well the SEC is def. first, then you have a log jam of the next 3. You could rank any of them at number 2-4.

vpotts28

Yup...
I look foward this another round with SC and Darth Visor..
Darth Visor
Is that the ol' ball coach?

vpotts28

Take a look... this kid's going to be a star.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=x4IJ17ODo_s

Cracks me up that this Sam McGuffie is a white kid, who was the last stud RB who was white?? No offense to anyone, but it has been a long time. 6'-0" 188 lbs, 4.32 speed. Sick!!! They will put 20 lbs on him at U of M, then if he makes the NFL he will be about 215 lbs.

nigerbang

Darth Visor
Is that the ol' ball coach?
Ole Steve "So what we are up 200 to nothing...Leave the starters in!"Spurrier

phunckie

That's not true. I'm located in the heart of Bama territory, and Bama fans (for the most part) are not expecting to win the SEC this year. Most don't expect to contend for it next year, either, but in year 3......

vpotts28

Originally Posted by phunckie
That's not true. I'm located in the heart of Bama territory, and Bama fans (for the most part) are not expecting to win the SEC this year. Most don't expect to contend for it next year, either, but in year 3......
Phunckie c'mon. Alabama was shunned by one coach after the other, then had to give Saban the bank. They might not expect much this year, but next year Saban better win or at least beat Auburn.

bexleyfish

Rebuilding is easy for OSU... they get the best talent money can buy. New York Yankees of college football. What's their payroll this year, $50 million?

Ok but as you said its college football, therefore the players dont get payed. So although money will play a role in anything, its not that big for CFB. We rebuild easy because we're the best team in the world... not much else to say, a reputation helps

H

huskychasrs

The only Steve to worry about this season is... Steve Slaton 2000+ AP yards easy.
LETS GO!!!! Mountaineers!!!!!!!

crimzy

Originally Posted by BexleyFish
Ok but as you said its college football, therefore the players dont get payed. So although money will play a role in anything, its not that big for CFB. We rebuild easy because we're the best team in the world... not much else to say, a reputation helps

You think OSU players don't get paid???? How quickly we forget Maurice Clarett.

psusocr1

as a former college football player beleive me athletes get paid.. Some in straight cash, other's in different "forms" so to speak.. we call them "rewards" if your good enough you will get the "benefits" of being that good. No matter what division, what school, what part of the country, it goes on everywhere!

vpotts28

Originally Posted by BexleyFish

You are the best team in the world??? Did you miss the slaughter in January this year?

vpotts28

Originally Posted by psusocr1
as a former college football player beleive me athletes get paid.. Some in straight cash, other's in different "forms" so to speak.. we call them "rewards" if your good enough you will get the "benefits" of being that good. No matter what division, what school, what part of the country, it goes on everywhere!

PSU aren't those called low envelopes. Anybody who doesn't thing that all to most programs cheat (for lack of a better word) is foolish and naive.

vpotts28

Originally Posted by psusocr1
You obviously played at Penn State. What position did you play?
A good friend of mine played for Ohio State in the mid 90's.