Scarlet Shrimp and LongHorn Cowfish/Marine Betta

zues3026

Will they get along, my scarlet cleaner shrimp is about 2 inches and in my reef tank. My cowfish is about 1 1/2 inches and my Marine Betta is about 4 inches both are in my display tank. All are healthy. I just do not want to lose my scarlet shrimp to either one of these fish. Will it happen?

jonthefishguy

Marine bettas eat small crustations and small fish. The long horned cowfish is not reef safe because it can release a toxin that is deadly to fish and inverts.

zues3026

Yes I know but I kind of want to put the shrimp in my display tank and was worried he would get picked on. My betta eats small shrimps and fish so does the cowfish. I was just worried that the shrimp would get chewed up on slowly.

J

jamparty

Originally Posted by Zues3026
Yes I know but I kind of want to put the shrimp in my display tank and was worried he would get picked on. My betta eats small shrimps and fish so does the cowfish. I was just worried that the shrimp would get chewed up on slowly.

...as opposed to quickly?

jonthefishguy

"I was just worried that the shrimp would get chewed up on slowly. "
so, what your saying is, slower is better, at least you will have him around to longer to look at. Even if its piece by piece.....

zues3026

No I am just saying if he gets a foot eaten here and there he would suffer slowly or quickly I just do not want to lose it. Look I just want to know if he would be fine not to know what my fish eat I have had them for a while and know what they eat. I just want to know if he will get eaten period. ANYBODY

zues3026

ANYBODY but Jonthefishguy or whatever his name is. I asked a question and needed help. You want to answer me answer me please do not be like that. Will he get picked on yes or no???????????????????????????????

jessica47421

i would say yes if they are known to eat shrimp and small things i think eventually they would so i wouldnt risk it.

jessica47421

i just thought it might be stress of being added to a new tank or something bc its always right when they are added and it is just a few spots and then it goes and never comes back and the others arent affected at all .