School Tank CANCELLED

rykna

[hr]

Life never fails to amaze me......
Yesterday I stopped my daughter's school spent personal time talking to Mrs. Carlson, my daughter's teacher. Then this morning I spent another hour and a half at school talking to Mrs. Carlson, the school adminstrator, and the principal- To clarify my plans. I went to my favorite fish store, Something Fishy Spent $300 dollars( I didn't by the tank thankfully it sould would have been $500) The owner of the store was very generous, he gave me a 10% discount plus a tax exempt for the items for the school tank. I bought 32 pounds of live rock, 40 pounds of live sand.......mushrooms, button polyps........
I hadn't been home more than 15 minutes when Aria's Teacher, Mrs. Carlson, Called. She said she was sorry, but she was taking back her offer for having me set up the tank. I was too disapointed to tell her that I had already bought the stuff. Good thing I didn't buy the tank.

tx reef

Well, maybe you can set it up at home for her and let it be her own little project.
That really sucks, though.

brucewrs

why would you buy " 32 pounds of live rock, 40 pounds of live sand.......mushrooms, button polyps........" without buying a tank?

rykna

Originally Posted by CoachD
What reason did they give?
None really....I am guessing that Mrs. Carlson chickened out. I should have rethought the whole thing when I was talking to the principal( Mrs. Carlson had told me she would Have to clear it with the pricinpal BEFORE giving me the ok) and the pricinpal gave me a blank stare when I said, Mrs. Carlson had gotten your aproval before we started. :scared: She said to me that Mrs. Carlson hadn't mentioned anything regarding a fish tank to her, but the pricipal told me that it was a great idea.

rykna

As for the live rock and sand, I have a 45 gallon tank that I had planned to season them in until I got the tank ready to go at school. :mad: