School tank!!!

M

mr.reef

Ok so i am going to be setting up a 20 gallon tank in a class room that is going to be beach theme and the teacher want to do corals and all i will be the one taking care of it.. i do know how to do this because i have a 125 gallon. i have a question and need some answers..
1) Will a viper clip on 125 work for lighting?
2) What are some fish that would work in here i know she wants to do clown fish and i can get some small ones for them but what else would you do?

snakeblitz33

Hmm, beach theme...
Get a bunch of macroalgae, hermit crabs, and tube worms. Chromis or other types of damsels would work as well. Might want to look into red mangroves. Or, you could even look into a "lagoon" type of tank.
Did you tell her that it was going to be very expensive and very time consuming? Because I think you should tell her that right now before they get too involved in it.

M

mr.reef

Well she knows that i am the on that will be taking care of it and getting it started basically all she will have to do is feed them and the rest i am doing.. i know that she is wanting to do like clown and i am going to talk here in to doing black clowns and i am going to do a pink bar goby. Then the whole crabs and snails but most of the corals that are going in there will be from my tank that i have fraged.. so it should be fine..

snakeblitz33

A pair of black and white clowns in a 20? %% weird. I wouldn't put two extremely agressive clowns in such a small tank... But, whatever suits you.
Just know and understand that someone who has no knowledge of saltwater aquariums will have no idea how much to feed and when to feed fish. You will tell her to only feed so much, but most of the time, clients are like "I know you said not to feed them so much, but they just look so hungry..."
Good luck with it and I hope it works out.

life~reefer

Originally Posted by AQUAPOD 24
http:///forum/post/3148374
who is going to take care of it during the weekends and over the summer?
Spring break?
Winter break?
I doubt they are going to give you a key to the school. Not trying to rain on your parade but your teacher would have to be letting you in all the time. Unless there is someone at one of the doors that knows what is going on. Just trying to help not make you upset.

M

mr.reef

I do have a master key to the school.. i am over are ffa chapter and i will be in the same building for this year and next year in those two years i am going to teach her how to take care of the tank.. as far as weekend i am they at least one day on the weekend and i dont go places for winter and fall/ summer breaks.. i think we can do it... idk what to put in it??