schooling fish

tangs123

chromises would be the best schooling fish, they are not guarenteed to stay in a school though, most of the time they separate and move around the tank alone

meeks101

I don't know, but how do you post a thread? I've done it once before but I forgot. Please let me know.

shinobi9119

Originally Posted by meeks101
http:///forum/post/2711418
I don't know, but how do you post a thread? I've done it once before but I forgot. Please let me know.
to post a thread, go into the desired forum on the boards, and click new thread, it shud be right at the top.

m0nk

Chromis will work well for a budget. I started with 1, then decided to start a small school and added 2 more to have a group of 3. They did well for quite a while so I recently added 4 more to have a school of 7. They do school well, and definitely look good in my reef.
I'd avoid even numbers of any schooling fish, especially chromis, since they will get aggressive towards one another if kept in even groupings. In fact, I've heard that the magic numbers are 3, 7, and any odd number more than 7. HTH.

fishygurl

i have 5 chromis in my 125 and they are cool. When i first added a lawnmower blenny to the tank they stuck to eachother like glue looking at him, which was REALLY funny to watch. But now that they got used to him they are out swimming alone or in groups of 2 or 3, but the smallest one seems to be like a loner unless they are all swimming together or its feeding time.
I am wondering if they will stay more in a group once i add some tangs and other fish in there that will be bigger and swim around.

drtito

had a bunch they would not school unless threatend. When I had to get them out they schooled. I would not get them. I.M.O.