Scientists find new fish

K

king_nothing_

thats the creepiest thing I've ever seen.....honestly doesnt even look real

saltagain

The video looks kinda fake, but who knows.Cool looking fish if its real.I would like to know more about it.Thanks for sharing that.

K

kjlondry

Pics do look a little shotty, but I think the video looks like this fish could be real. I mean the website looks legit...its not the biggest fish so that's why I assume the pics are bad lookings (they must of zoomed in a lot!) But I just thought it was neat because its eyes are inside it's transparent head! I want one...

K

kjlondry

looks like its name is "The barreleye (Macropinna microstoma)"

K

kjlondry

I don't see why it would be fake...looks like the pics came straight from the film and they just zoom in so much the pics look bad/fake, the fish was only like 2-3 inches long!

K

kjlondry

Ya your right its fake, Monterey Bay Aquarium Research Institute is a bunch of lairs. Couldn't find any fish so they made the footage up...its just like big foot, or the moon landing....
And a correction this is the first footage of Macropinna, it was found by someone back in 1939 and "discribed" by them in an article I'm assuming, but this is the first actual footage/pictures.
But I don't see how people don't believe it. There's probably millions of things in the ocean still to discover!!!! And I'm sure they look way more unbelievable than this little guy!

stanlalee

well I cant really tell if the video is real or not but its really not shocking. they still discover new fish that arent nearly that deep and people have barely scratched the surface of deep water discoveries.
this is like the most normal looking fish from the deep I've seen so far except the clear cap