Scooter Blenny questions

good alex

sorry, haddent cleaned the glass yet and on the first picture I dident know the nightshot was on, hope these are helpfull

jerthunter

I would say he is male, I am not an expert, but from what I have read back when I was trying to figure out if mine was male or female, your scooter looks male. Nice picture too.

good alex

Thanks for the compliment, the only time mine ever lifts up his sail is if hes fighting with his reflection in the glass, thats why hes so close to the camera.

cuteclown

Originally Posted by Good Alex
ive had one SB for about a year and a half and hes been doing great and i was wondering if i could get another one. Are SB's territorial? Are they friendly towdards other dragonetts?
What have you been feeding him? and how?

anna&mike

Remember in my 75 Gallon One killed the second. I recommend one per tank. but it was a size and teritorial thing. Good Luck.
My blenny also fights itself in the glass and it's so funny!
LOL
Anna& Mike

good alex

Originally Posted by CuteClown
What have you been feeding him? and how?

I dont feed my SB hes basically a scavenger inmy tank, he eats pods from the live rock and what ever brine shrimp that the fish dont get to.

good alex

Originally Posted by Anna&Mike
Remember in my 75 Gallon One killed the second. I recommend one per tank. but it was a size and teritorial thing. Good Luck.
My blenny also fights itself in the glass and it's so funny!
LOL
Anna& Mike

that kracks me up also, its like he puts up his fin and wips the glass with his tail

cuteclown

Originally Posted by Good Alex
I dont feed my SB hes basically a scavenger inmy tank, he eats pods from the live rock and what ever brine shrimp that the fish dont get to.
Has that always been the case??? SO maybe I don't need to feed him extra, as long as he looks like he is gaining weight and not getting thin?

jerthunter

Originally Posted by CuteClown
Has that always been the case??? SO maybe I don't need to feed him extra, as long as he looks like he is gaining weight and not getting thin?
I would still recommend attempting to feed him since it can be difficult to determine if he is getting enough food.

nygel

i forgot i posted in this thread earlier :( Anyone, everyone else is postin pics, my turn. They're all pretty sweet. He eats mysis (he just randomly started doing it one day) and is in my 29g with a mandarin (that also eats mysis regularly.)