scooter passed, new bottom dweller

gesswhosbak

Ok my mistake has finally bit me, i though i was rescuing a scooter from a pet chain store but I guess i didnt do much saving due to his death today. I had a pretty good pop of pods but he was hungry and they didnt have time to repopulate. What i am asking is for recommendation for another bottom dweller with the same or comparable personality that will eat prepared foods. Preferrebly something with some color but also want to good fish. THanks as always guys.

gesswhosbak

29 gal, coral beauty, skunk cleaner shrimp, crabs snails
10gal fuge, 5 gal sump
no corals just FOWLR, dont plan on corals...

gesswhosbak

got the yellow watchman goby on saturday, he is doing good but being a little shy in staying under the rock most of the time...

gesswhosbak

seems to be ok, not sure if I am feeding enough or if he is getting enough food. I usually just put a block of Formula one in a shot glass with some tank water and let it soften then mash it into bit size pieces and squit some into the tank with a medicine dropper type thing. Some goes to bottom but Coral Beauty eats most of it. I think that might be why my shrimp died last night...cant think of anything else. Maybe be time to start another thread though on that topic.

mr_bill

Originally Posted by gesswhosbak
I usually just put a block of Formula one in a shot glass with some tank water and let it soften then mash it into bit size pieces and squit some into the tank with a medicine dropper type thing.
I feed this exact same way, you can actually get very specific as to who your feeding if you don't mind getting your arm a little wet. My scooter would probably die as well if I didn't get in there for him. The only one who is still shy of my hand at this point is the Royal Gramma but he's fast as lightning and gets his own food.