Scopas Help?

jarodw45

I finally got my 55 upgraded to a 120. Anyway I ordered a large scopas tang from SWF.com about 5in and he looks great. But I have tried everything in the world to get him to eat and he wont touch anything. mysis, brine, algae sheets, flakes, cyclopeze. He did nip at some hair algae. Any suggestions? Please

mantisman51

My experience with tangs is primarily with a yellow tang and he hasn't been shy about eating anything at any time. How long have you had him?

jarodw45

Thanks for your reply. i got him in on Tuesday. I also have a yellow and he was at first shy period but would come out to eat a bit but now he comes up when i appraoch the tank and will eat out of my hand.

small triggers

how are you putting in the algae sheets?? i had to put mine on some lr rubble and rubberband it so it sank to the bottom and the tang could get to it without having to swim up to it.

jarodw45

That is actually what I did cause I dont have a clip in my QT. In the DT I have a clip and my yellow eats from it fine. Thank you so much for your input.

jackri

Try garlic soaking the food in garlic or trying some cyclopeeze... might just ahve to get used to eating again in a new environment.

jarodw45

My Scopas tang is finally eating some flake and brineshrimp!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think its going to be ok. I was just a little worried because I have never had any problems with my tangs not eating usually they ate the first day. GOOD NEWS. Thanks for all of your replies.