Scopas vs. Orange-Shoulder Tang

pshoooter

Quick question:
I have a 125 gallon (72-inch long) tank. Currently have a medium-sized blonde naso, a small hippo tang, and small to mid sized scopas. The naso is very friendly and the scopas typically follows him around the tank. He's not harrassing the naso in any way. The hippo sticks to himself.
Yesterday I introduced a juvenille orange-shoulder tang and the scopas just went absolutely nuts. He's NEVER shown any agressive behavior before but every time the orange-shoulder tang ventures out he is immediately charged and harrassed back into the corner under some live rock. I haven't mentioned yet that the OS Tang is bright yellow at this point (I was told by LFS that juveniles are yellow and change to their normal color over time).
Could the scopas tang see him as a yellow tang; I understand they don't do well together. Is this just some "first day hazing?" Again, the scopas has never shown any aggression as he typically just follows the naso around and has been, until now, very mild mannered.
Thanks for any help.

N

nereef

scopas tangs can be aggressive. 4 tangs is too much for a 125 anyway, and the orange shoulder wouldn't fit in the 125 when full-grown.

petjunkie

Tangs are aggressive fish who don't like their own kind and it's usually worse the smaller the tank, I would take back the orangeshoulder as that will never fit in your tank, they really should be kept in 220+ tanks, i.e. eight feet long and at least two wide as should your naso. Take out those two and buy yourself some wrasses or angelfish instead. Also, you don't qt tangs? Is this a folwr?

blackwater01

seeing it will take a long time for your orangeshoulder to grow. This is a fish that you can slow there growth. I have an orangeshoulder tang in my 55 gal. And he is much more timid than the scopas and will get along with other tangs better than the scopas will. And his personality and beauty is greater than the scopas. I am what they call an expensive trial and error kind of guy.