Scratch Removal Under Water Ideas?

T

tmy880

Is there any way to remove fine small scratches under water on an established acrylic tank?
I just realized yesterday I added a few scratches to my DT front using the stupid Mag Float...yes its the one for acrylic.

Thanks

snakeblitz33

for the most part, no.
You are not going to be able to do anything underwater. The only way you can get the scratches out is to get a acrylic polishing kit, totally empty the tank, and use the kit to get the scratches out.
Have fun!

jonthefishguy

now there are kits however they involve removing the water out. (empty) and using diamond dust. Pretty expensive to do. Your best bet is to not make or not make any more scratches as they will be very hard to repair in glass.

T

tmy880

Originally Posted by jonthefishguy
Thats not true, there are kits that remove scratches underwater for acrylic
Any idea of where to find them. These scratches are from my mag cleaner and are very superficial.

topfins-mj

Well my glass tank had never been scratched, as soon as I used my brand new mag float, bang, I have all these scratches towards the bottom. I was overzealous in moving the brush around and caught sand. Gosh that hurt me so much. Now I have to rub it a little extra to remove the build up in it.
You are just going to have to leave with them unless the scratch is totally obvious.

lazarus

i used a kit that was designed for acrylic use and allows you to buff the scratches without removing the water. i found it on a different internet site than this..you will have to search around as i cannot say it here, but the first word is marine. i used it to remove deep scratches but it left a very faint haze...the lesser of two evils i suppose. good luck.