scuba camera

gati

can anyone suggest a good camera that's not too pricey for scuba diving. i keep saying i'm going to buy one then never do. now i'm going to. need some advice.
thanks a bunch

S

simm

Id go digital. Sealife makes a 3.3mp under water digital for under 400.00 do a search for..
SeaLife DC310 Digital Underwater Camera I plan on getting it later on this summer.

loopy

If you go digital, have the pics printed by a pro shop rather than printing them yourself, they won't last. Sad isn't it? They lose color after a couple years in most cases. Lucky you, I don't even dive...but have been a profession photographer for most of my adult life....would love to combine it with diving. Get that camera...I wanna see those pics!!!!!!!!!!!! Have fun!!!:yes:

gati

thanks for the tip. I did not know that. Ok, going to check out cameras this weekend, very excited. Next diving trip is not until July, but I"m gettting excited already.

coachwah

IMO you can get a much better camera for both underwater and land use if you buy the camera and housing seperately. Olympus, Canon, Nikon to name a few have housings available around the $150 range + the price of the camera and take great pics topside or below ( I have an OLY w/ seperate housing that does a great job for a point and shoot). I have heard from many people that they were disappointed in the features and function of the dedicated scuba cameras when used on land. Check leisurepro.com for some examples of housings available.
HTH.