Scuba or Snorkle pics... What was your best experience?

rach4194

I think they were. The cam was not mine, so I can't take credit for the pics. I will find out and post later tonight. I know it was expensive though. :thinking:

jerthunter

Originally Posted by Eaglephot
That's Blow Hole!
Yup, and isn't that beach there sandy beach? Or atleast near sandy beach? It has been about 2 years since I was there so my memory is foggy...

eaglephot

Originally Posted by Jerthunter
Yup, and isn't that beach there sandy beach? Or atleast near sandy beach? It has been about 2 years since I was there so my memory is foggy...
Yep. That is beautiful Sandy Beach. I was there in August. Too long ago in my opinion.

zsalinas

I dont' think you should stop. I love seeing all the fish in their natural habitat. I wanna go so bad now. Those fish are beautiful.

lovethesea

Originally Posted by Rach4194
I could go on all day..... :happyfish

please don't let us stop you. your pics are awesome!!

yimmy

I don't mean to hijack or anything, my mom and dad know i obsessed with sw. They said for my 16th bday next year we'll go to hawaii and go snorkling. I said that sounds good minus the snorkling plus a scuba. So could I do this when I"m 16...the other thing is when I'm in the ocean I get terrified of being bitten by a shark. Do you have to worry about this when your on the reef or do they keep their distance

clown123

HMMMMM! i wonder if those sailfins are mommy and daddy theres only 2swimming together makes u think right?

olga

The only picture I have, while free shallow diving off the Koh Tao. My sister took it. Between stripy. evil, but very friendly damsels. :)
Not taking camera anymore, as I sunk/lost 2 of them before. I think it was some really brill shots there!

ophiura

Originally Posted by Yimmy
I don't mean to hijack or anything, my mom and dad know i obsessed with sw. They said for my 16th bday next year we'll go to hawaii and go snorkling. I said that sounds good minus the snorkling plus a scuba. So could I do this when I"m 16...the other thing is when I'm in the ocean I get terrified of being bitten by a shark. Do you have to worry about this when your on the reef or do they keep their distance
It is extremely unlikely that you would have to worry about sharks. For the most part they will stay away from you.

crox

Originally Posted by Jerthunter
Well my sea turtle encounter happened like I said right near Sandy Beach in Hawaii.. (I believe that was the name) It was in a little cove like area where you basically had to climb down a steep cliff to get to a tiny beach. I think there were two sea turtle but one came all the way up to the rocky shoreline and poked its head out. It was maybe a foot away. The turtle even stayed around when I was swimming... So that is my story and I am sticking to it.. Thinking about this makes me wish I back there...
In which island? Maui?

pallan

went swimming in sting ray city near the cayman islands
you get on a boat and they take you out into the middle of the ocean. You just hop off the boat miles from shore and water just comes up to you chest. once you arrrive all these stingrays huge things swim on in its like a dark cloud under the water. the come right up to you and you can feed them. their wild just used to people. i dont have any digital pics. might see if i can scan one later or look for some online. its a great experience.
update
got some pics scanned in not to many but some of the rays and a couple others from the caribean. just had cheapo underwater disposable camera hope you like em

happyvac

This summer my family and I are going to Australia and there's a chance we could check out the Great Barrier Reef...but I'm a little apprehensive. How was it like for you non-scuba equipment people?