SEA CLONE 100 HELP...yea i kno its a piece of ####

jewtity

i need some help with my sea clone 100, which is on a 55 gal fish only tank. I just bought it and it is not collecting much of anything. Just some green stuff along the inside of the tube inside the collection cup. Sometimes when i check it there is some foam outside the inner tube so i leave that air valve adjustment where it is. Then when i come back a little later there is only foam inside that inner tube. I am frustrated with adjusting this thing. I have read that there are some modifications that i can make? what are they? their success? and how do i do them?

J

jrthomas40

i have had mine for about 4 months now and today was the first time i emptied the cup and it is actually skimming now....do you have it hanging on the back of the tank or do you have it in a sump???

jewtity

this may be a stupid question but the instrustions say turn the adjustment knob a 1/2 turn till foam collection begins, if i turn it that much i get that air pocket, which according to the directions, your not supposed to have

Y

yote

I'm running a seaclone 100 on my 30gal reef and have to empty the cup every other day. But I took the foam off the pump and put a better air valve on it. Try that and let it run with a small air pocket in the tube for a couple of weeks. Worked on mine.

pogi pants

I finally got mine to work like it's supposed to, after a year and a half of having it. I took off the sponge and put it in my sump. I also shortened the air tube. now it finally works

a2hotz

Im very disappointed in this skimmer. Im getting a resonable amount of gunk but I know it could be much better...

I took the foam off and thats the biggest difference. Im waiting till Im not lazy any more to buy a new adjuster valve.
to adjust it, turn the valve until there isnt any big bubbles, just micro bubbles.

slugg3r

I had to wrap the bottom of the collection cup with electrical tape to make a good seal with the rubber o-ring. Mine never worked much until I put it in a sump.

jewtity

well i heard a lot a times those rubber seals dry out, but u can get some kind of siclone lubricant from like home depot and it should keep that ring lubricanted