sea hare says hello

dude23455

I was finally able to get a good close up of my sea hare. He's one of my favorite critters in my tank.

He's the only algae eater in my tank since all of my turbo snails died for some reason. He's keeping it under controll all by himself.
also here is a macro of some zoos that popped up after all the yellow polyps on this rock withered away.

rbrockm1

ive never really seen a sea hare like that. the ones i have seen don't have that blue in it. looks cool tho

bellanavis

Hes cool, diffrent from my 2 seahares, but I have seen pictures of them before. Mine are huge compared to yours, they grow fast, what size tank do you have him in? I think they are very cool to watch, if you had 2, they would stick together, and one would follow the other around, its cool.

drewdog82

Would a sea hare take care of some hair algae on my sand bed, cause my urchins seem to go for the rocks and glass???

cantbstopd

sea hares are the bomb. i had bad hair algae growth, bought a good sized sea hare and it was gone within a month. he ate everything from the main tank so fast i transfered him to my fuse and ate everything down there too.
the one i had was about 6 inches long. make sure youve got all your power heads with protectors. my sea hare got stuck up in one of my power heads, so i pulled it out and as soon as i did it inked all over...lol. he didnt die though. i think i may have just freaked it out by pulling it out of the hole it was in.

S

spoiledogz

I am having another outbreak of hair algae and I was going to get another seahare....but what will it eat when the algae is gone (for the most part)?? I don't currently have a fuge??? I don't want to starve it!!

cantbstopd

Originally Posted by spoiledogz
I am having another outbreak of hair algae and I was going to get another seahare....but what will it eat when the algae is gone (for the most part)?? I don't currently have a fuge??? I don't want to starve it!!
you might check with the store you get it from. when all my algae was gone i took it back for store credit..... ive got a good relationship with my lsf though, they let me take stuff without paying right then. kinda like a "tab" i guess.

renogaw

will they eat algae off the glass? i don't have a hair algae problem, just the stuff you gotta scrape off every couple of days.

S

surfinusa

thats a cool looking sea hare one of the best ive ever seen