SEA MONSTERS?????I need some advise

cmkdline

ok I have an 85g bow front tank.my tank has cycled and all the water tests came back perfect. I have 90 of lr & 30 of ls , 2 powerheads , 2 filters a coral light and 3 other lights.at present it has
1 cb shrimp
1 blue dam
1 sgt major
1 3 stripe dam
1 domino dam
1 turbo snail
2 very small hermits
now over the past week I have lost I mean totally lost can not find them at all no bodies or anything that says they even exsisted....
1 scooter blennie
2 blue dams
1 spotted puffer.
so here is my question what the heck happened to them I go to bed at night , turn off their light wake up in the morning and another one is missing. before I go to bed I count all my fish & inverts & when I wake up they are gone . Help please....

ct_vol

Perhaps they are jumping??? You should be able to find bodies though... I'd try checking the tank at night to see if you have a mantis shrimp or something that came in with the LR...

ct_vol

With ick, you will have white pustules on your fish... Its kind of hard to miss... Besides which, you will still see their dead bodies the next morning...

cmkdline

nope it's not ick cause every one is doing great and as for jumping I have looked every were so I have no clue what could be happening to my lil guys

ct_vol

A carcass will not totally be gone by morning... Like I said, I suspect you got something in with your LR... Mantis Shrimp are notorious for hiding in the nooks and crannies of your LR... And worst case scenario, you might have a eunicid worm... lol

coolguy818

I'm not kidding you this same exact thing happened to me. So i did what I didn't want to do in the first place. I took the tank apart. All the rocks, all the coral, everything.
I had fish in the rocks, underneath rocks, in the back where you can't see them.
i think its fish phenomenon I guess, more than one fish dying at once for no apparent cause.

coolguy818

Disassembling the tank will get the dead fish out, so that your water won't get polluted and you'll see everything else die.
Do you hear a Clicking noise from the tank???????

georgev845

if you have any led lights at night sneak up and search the tank for any possible bristle worms or that might-be mantis shrimp keep ur eyes open in all the openings in the live rock...