sea pen not settling in.....

zookeypr12

I have a beautiful sea pen, I have had him for a month or so now and he has been doing well.
I had to move him due to some other coral getting to close and since then I can seem to get him to sink his foot in and get settled. any ideas?
did all my tests and everything is good....just need to get my ph up a tad

thanks

teen

how deep is your sand bed? they need a very deep sand bed to be comfortable.

zookeypr12

Where it is now there is 2 1/2 inches
The area I had it in before had less and it settled in right away.
I have tried to help by making a little burrow(finger swirl area) like I did before but it hasnt helped

teen

i honestly dont think 2 1/2" is enough sna dfor one of these guys. they usually do best in a lagoonal type reef where there is a very deep sand bed, giving the seapen plenty of room to dig his foot into.
what you can do is get a gardening pot that is like 5" deep, fill it with sand and plac it in your tank. then put the seapen inside and hopefully he will be happy there. they need a godd 6" of sand imo to feel secure.

emmitt2

I dont know anything about seapens really but Bangguy had a really good thread with pictures about his seapen in his lagoon awhile back that i remember seeing. Do a search for it and see if anything he says can help you out. You may also want to try and contact Bangguy directly or get him to notice this thread and see if he can help you or respond personally