sea robin scorpain

J

jasondean

does anyone have one of these or did have really cool looking fish $50 at lfs

J

jasondean

they called it a sea robin, I dont knowwhats the diff. between them. This had what looked like wings and had like 8 legs in the front

J

jasondean

I just did a search on the flying gunard (everybody spells it diff.) Anyways that not it

jeffsz28

$50 thats alot- i have had two of them before. they are very easy to care for and eat like crazy and grow quick. also a pain in the ass cause they are very jumpy fish. sea robins that is..

jeffsz28

ah if i remember correctly less then a foot about. they will eat anything small they can fit into there mouth by the way...

bona42na

Sea robins can get as big as 18 inches and 3 pounds. I would suggest you stay away from them as they are voracious eaters and will basically destroy your tank. I catch them regularly while bottom fishing around NYC . Thet are interesting looking but in the end you will regret having it. They also have very painful horns that I can attest to.

jeffsz28

the type i got had no horns that i remember and don't think it would get as big as you say. there is alot of different types. plus hes not sure if its a robin or the other type ( spelling)

J

jasondean

I think I'll pass on the robin I like things the way they are thanks