Sea tick, Eggs, and Worm??

mz3bmx

Checking out the tank last night and found these creatures...
Sea tick lol?? good or bad??

Eggs on glass??

Good bristle or bad??

natclanwy

Agreed the worm is fine, and yes those are snail eggs not sure what type though they look familiar though what kinds of snails do you have.

mz3bmx

I have astrea, margarita, nassarius, and bumble bee.
One other thing, I have a Lettuce Nudibranch and was wondering if they reproduce sexually or asexually?

natclanwy

I am guessing that they are astrea but I'm not positive I have seen similar eggs in my tank and the only snail we have in common is the astrea.
By the way a side note did you know your bumble bee snails are a predatory whelk? They will hunt and kill other snails. Many LFS sell them as dietrus eaters which they are, but they fail to mention that they are also carnivores.

mz3bmx

Interesting hopefully I get to see them hatch before they become fish food and yes to the bumble bee snails. You actually told me in one of my other threads lol. Thanks for the info tho. BTW did your snail eggs hatch or did they end up becoming food for the tank inhabitants?

mz3bmx

He's still alive actually along with the bristle. You can have it if your serious lol but I'm curious as to why?

renogaw

is that orange thing a hitchiker as well? it looks like a nudibranch, but that is NOT a lettuce nudi if you are under the impression that it is.

mz3bmx

I tried sending a msg to you cranberry but this came up:
Cranberry has exceeded their stored private messages quota and can not accept further messages until they clear some space.

natclanwy

Originally Posted by mz3bmx
http:///forum/post/2847429
Interesting hopefully I get to see them hatch before they become fish food and yes to the bumble bee snails. You actually told me in one of my other threads lol. Thanks for the info tho. BTW did your snail eggs hatch or did they end up becoming food for the tank inhabitants?
Not sure if they became food before or after they hatched, I'm not sure but I believe that after they hatch they become free floating plankton so if something didn't eat the eggs the coral and other filter feeders in my tank probably dined on them after they hatched. Now my nassarius snails continually lay eggs and they hatch, and even though they are not supposed to successfully breed in captivity I think that I have had some survive. I have several very tiny snails that appear to be nassarius but I'm not sure could be another type of snail that came in as a hitchhiker.
when I first saw them I was worried that they were pyramid snails but I got confirmation that they weren't so I will just have to wait and see if they get larger.

cranberry

Originally Posted by mz3bmx
http:///forum/post/2847913
I tried sending a msg to you cranberry but this came up:
Cranberry has exceeded their stored private messages quota and can not accept further messages until they clear some space.

OMG! I so totally cleaned it out. Sorry about that!