Seaclone 100 Help!!!

dcr

I just bought this skimmer for my 30 gal tank-paid a little too much so I could get it going today.....and it is leaking all over the house! The elbow where the skimmer cylinder connects to the pump tube leaks when pressurized. The O-ring looks ok, but the thing drips water at a torrid pace and I am really pissed!!!!! Can I buy an O-ring that is a bit larger, or can I silicone this or something? I don't think I would need it to come apart again, since I could flush it to clean it and use a snake to scrub in there. I hope someone knows how to fix this, since I do not want to have to bring it back, since they don't have any more in stock.

dcr

OK-fixed the O-ring problem,but the connection where the j-tube extends has a small crack and is dripping very slowly, like one every ten minutes. I will epoxy that I guess.

missford

I had problems with the piece of tubing that holds the elbow to the skimmer itself coming off and soaking all my wires. It was pretty scary. Anyway, I used a hose clamp (the kind you tighten with a screwdriver) to hold them together. Works well. I still have problems with this darn thing, I guess that's why they call them Sea Clown Skimmers, lol. Mine is like 4 or 5 years old.

dcr

I replaced the O-ring at the elbow with a thicker ring and it works 100%. I used 100% silicone on all of the joints and now I have no leaks or problems. I am new to this skimmer, so what am I to expect? It has been running for over a day, and I don't see any foam or anything at all in the cup-nothing has reached up that far at all, and this doesn't seem right to me.

nyreef

It will depend on how much junk you have in your tank also if there is nothing to skim then it won't..Also with seaclone you have to make sure the airflow is good. To react in the chamber..

jester

took mine a week to break in. After that, works great. You can remove the prefilter sponge for a little more flow.

doodle1800

mine leaks - brand new too... right at the O ring. So - a larger O ring and some silicone? What I'd like to do is modify it somehow - make it water proof..

doodle1800

It took about 1/2 hour and a tight squeeze of the connector. Maybe the O ring just needed to get wet..
no more leaks - working good too...

angelofish

Mine used to leak where the tube connects to the cylinder. It would sometimes stop if I moved it a certain way but would start again usually when Im not home. I could only run it when I was home to supervise. I finally took it apart and packed the area with silicone. I havent had a problem since.