Seaclone 100 parts HELP pls

kpogue

I bought a SeaCclone 100 6 mos ago and the pump went south. I called the LFS (For PA folks it's That Fish Place) and they basically told me tough sh**. Needless to say, they have lost a customer...but anyway, does anybooody know the exact pump this thing uses?
Thanks,
Keith

jond

The Seaclone uses a Maxi-Jet 1200. They are easy to get. I am very surprised that the pump went out, they are usually very reliable.

jester

You can get the 1200 on ---- for about $15. I too am suprised it went out. They are good pumps.

Its funny, I shop there all the time, where in PA do you live, I live in king of Prussia. I just got a seaclone. I hope it doesnt suck

kpogue

I live in Camp Hill, by Harrisburg. They have the best prices, no doubt about that,but I have bought more defective junk there than anywhere else. Their customer service is terrible. As far as the seaclone goes, IMO, they're not the best.

Where is this place you bought it from? Im looking for another LFS in the area. Ohh never mind i see its "that fish place". Heh, i just bought a carpet anenome there last week and the guy told me, " your clowns wont go in this". I was like, "ohh no!", he said to me " you still want it" and i was like, yes ... 2 days later my clowns were in it lol. I knew all along the clowns would go in it, I just didnt feel like arguing. Ohh by the way, there is a LFS in York, called Tonys and there is one up in Danville, never been there though. I really wouldnt bother going to Tony's there EXTREMELY overpriced and I mean extremely. Like $75 for a "small" like 3 inch diameter, carpet. I think for a few months now, ive been buying most of my stuff from either this site, which is really good by the way, or just the internet in general. Only think that kicks me in the a$$ is the shipping, im not really into that $30 extra overnight shipping. Just gotta look on the net for good prices. Some, like this site, even ship some "live" items with free shipping. Take a look at the "You build it" section. Ohh yeah Malics is suppose to get saltwater in soon also. Plus there is a store in the camp hill mall but thats expensive too. Only bought one coral from that guy, was a green long tenacle plate for $40 but lasted me forever and a day.

kpogue

Agreed - I think I'm going to start doing i-net shopping in the future. The $30 for shipping is worth it to avoid the hassel. Everywhere around here is overpriced, that's why Lancaster is such an attraction. As far as Malec's go's, they lead the pack with being overpriced. Example: Seaclone 100 skimmer - you can get from $69 - 79. They're charging $139 for it!!!! A large bottle of Ca is around $5 at Lancaster - Malec's is $10 for the small. They are my last resort...along with the store in the CH mall. Although, no pet store has ever lasted at the mall for more than two years.

I just bought a new skimmer and I still have the old pump if you want to buy it. I bought a new 1200 maxi jet last night ( the same one on my skimmer ) and I noticed that the fittings are totally different. The only way you can replace your seaclone pump is to get the exact old one. Funny part is my Seaclone sprung a leak at one of the gaskets and my LFS told me to go to hell. I didnt feel like dealing with them that was why I ended up buying a new one somewhere else.

kpogue

Thanks for the offer but I bought another pump at Pet Smart. It amazes me how businesses are allowed to STEAL YOUR MONEY by not standing behind the defective garbage they sell. Gee, I wonder what would happen if I went into a store and took an item and told them I'll pay them later and not do it....what the H is the difference!!??
keith

surfnturf

Your best bet for getting the right pump is from the manufacturer, this is from the Aquarium Systems homepage:
I need a replacement part for my Aquarium Systems pump and my pet store doesn't carry it. How can I purchase it?
Aquarium Systems electrical products have a Replacement Parts List order form in each box. If you can not find this form and need a part, call Aquarium Systems at 440-255-1997 or Toll Free (USA only) 1-800-822-1100 and ask for extension 0. An operator will help you with your order.

mini-reefer

I too am surprised that the maxi-jet let you down. Ive got a total of 6 mp-1200's and the oldest is around three years. Not once has one failed to work properly when plugged in. I have four on my Red Sea wavemaster pro and they are constantly switched on and off 24/7. Maybe you just got their ONE bad one produced each year. :D

kpogue

Well like I said before, if it's going to happen.......
What it ended up doing was running for about 3 min, heating up then shutting off. I took it apart, everything was clean, no gunk, messed w/ the cord to see if it was shorting out, nothing. Oh wel, got a new one, guess I have a spare impeller now.

aquanovice

i have found that with a little effort you can make a mag7 or rio2100 match up fairly well and the results have been very good. since the change with the incease in water flow my water quality has increased greatly