SeaClone 100

yusuke

Hey, I am new to this forum. My tank is 7 months old. I just bought a seaclone 100 and after 2 days, foam was formed. But it takes every 5-10 minutes to see it actually rising up into the collection cup's tube and then drops down again (totally). Many people say it is crap and it's a seaclown. This really made me regret buying it, but I still have hope that I can boost it's performance. After observing it for about half an hour, I came up with a little neat idea to get the foam popping up into the collection cup always.....which is like a "Booster" for the seaclone 100 and it will turn this seaclone into an efficient skimmer.
Here is what I did...

I first set the air valve until the "tornato" gets tight while producing the most bubble. Then in order to get the bubbles to get more contact time with the water being treated, I used a cap from a 1 gallon water bottle and stick it right in the middle of the water return section
( the top part where the water runs back into the aquarium tank. By doing this, the water is caused to run slower into the tank and therefore, the foam rises right up into the collection cup permenantly. This is the most easiest mod for the Seaclone 100. Just be sure water won't over flow, which I doubt. Happy skimming

saltnewbee

i had to turn my seaclone off. it might work but the bubbles were killing my sponges. now you guys got me thinking. thanks

yusuke

Seaclone 100 owner....disregard my last post on putting a bottle cap in front of the water return. I have just found out the #1 reason why the seaclone "new and improved" version doesn't work as good. It is because of an air leakage on the base of the collection cup. This is a little defect on the design. So, simply just buy a gasket or use food plastic wrap and wrap around the tube on the bottom of the collection cup. This way, the air leakage will be shut under the base of the cup. So the only way the air can escape is through the collection cup's inner tube. After doing so, the seaclone will be highly effective in skimming. The stock air control valve is not that bad. Seaclone!!! Fix it and Wa La....cheap effective skimmer...