Seaclone 150 Or Jebo Protein Skimmers?

texasmetal

I have never heard good things about either. I have used a Seaclone and it is horrible. Never have seen a Jebo.
If you're looking for relatively cheap but good skimmers, I'd go with a Coralife Super Skimmer or Reef Octopus.

monkdaily

wut size tank?? i got a 125 on 55g took off the pre filter and now it works like a charm just gotta keep the collection cup clean. but i learned all on my own before i knew about this site so iam a lil slow. one thing ive learned is if its worth doin its worth doin right save an extra 50-60 bucks and get the coralife super skimmer its in sump or HOB.

fishfreak1242

I have the seaclone 100 on my 55gal and I HATE IT!!!
It takes like 3 months just to fill up the cup with waste. Save your money and get a better skimmer. I hear that Octopus has a hang on skimmer now.

keebler

I have a seaclone 150 and I spent WAY too much time and money to get it to working good enough for a nano tank. Spend a little more and get something good. Most skimmers will have at least one bad review, but I've never seen a good review for seaclones (at least from a reputable source). I mean, I'm sure many people are sold seaclones by their lfs and were told that they were good.
Octopus Hang On The Back Protein Skimmer BH-300 by Vue Technology has dual reactor chambers with 2 x Resun King xternal needlewheel pump (included), rated up to 135 gallons. This Octopus BH-300 Protein Skimmer has been compered to the CPR bakpak shimmer on steroids.
I don't endorse this product nor do I have any experience with it, but it does come from a well known and reputable company, so it may be worth looking into. It is rated for 135 gallons and it is priced at 130 bucks.

cveverly

I have the Octopus BH-100F and it is a nice skimmer for the money ($149). I wish I would have got the BH-300F but at the time I was unsure of the quality and did not want to spend the extra money. Both of these skimmers have the pumps in the skimmer body so there is no ugly pump hanging in the display tank.
Now I am torn between a sump based Octopus Extreme 160 or the new Octopus 800. The 800 will be a hang-on with a Sicce PSK-2500 pump. Much better pump than the Resun pumps used in the Octo 100 and 300 hang-on.