Seaclone Owners

vtecbro007

squidd sorry about earlier but can u answer one question is it normal fo me not to get ne foam if im still cyclying ma 55 with 8 fish ? n if i do ur mods will i get instant results?

herkemer

We have ran oours un-modified for 2 years and noto adjusted since the start. When yoou clean it, it might take a day to get back to bubbling like crazy. Be patiemt and you will be rewarded!

X

xoxox

You go to the hardware store and get a 1/2" X 6" "I" bolt...
Then you put a 1/2" nut on the bottom of the eye bolt...
Then you mix a half bag of portland Quick crete...
You fill the inside of the Sea Clown with the concrete...
And insert the "I" bolt with the loop at the top...
Now you might think this will make a pretty good boat anchor...
But they're not really good for that either..
So, when you get out to sea...Do Not tie a knot in the rope when attaching it to the "I" bolt...
Just throw it overboard...
Problem solved...

Actually, I was just thinking of cutting a hole in the back and inserting a bowl in the front and using it as a bong but I'd probably choke on the bong water :sleepy:

squidd

Your first post didn't really say how long your tank has been set up...a couple weeks..?
I would be interested in how you came up with the "3-5 days to finish" cycling...Did someone give you a time frame...like "It'll take 9 days or 21 days to cycle"
Or is this based on your nitrIte and NitrAte levels...?
Either way a "new" tank (55 gallons plus the 15 gallon sump) even with 8 Damsels really hasen't developed a large DOC content for the skimmer to pick up...
So yeah, you probably won't be getting a lot of action from the skimmer until your tank matures...
Same would go for the modifications...at this point you would not have "immediate gratification" because you still don't have alot to pull out...
You should be able to pull the inner tube from the lower reaction chamber by hand (they're not glued) but that can be a pain to get your hand in there (try a long handled needle nosed pliers)...even if it does not come out, you can stick a dremel tool with a cut off wheel in there and cut off an inch or so...

vtecbro007

ma tank has been cyclying fo about 5 week and i was basing the time frame from the results of ma nitrite n nitrate test 5/.25 so im juss gonna get a good air valve n i hav already tyfloned it maybe ill add the air stone cus i hav a quite air pump

squidd

Originally posted by Angelofish
I'm having the same success as Herkemer...

Your's is the one that leaked ...right..?
That's the thing about sea clones, you can take two and put them side by side ...one will work great and the other produces nothing...For every 4-6 posts that say they're great there are 10-12 saying they're junk..
Again, the basic design is good but it's probably a "stacking of tolerances" that makes one work better than the next...
They sell a ton of them, so they can't all be bad...
The "modifications" help those that weren't so lucky, get the most out of their investment...