seaclone skimmer?

fallnhorse

I read a thread saying seaclone skimmers sucks? Why's that? I know it little tricky to have the air flow to caviation proper. But once that is achieve i thought it was very powerful. What's it's flaws? Besides it needs constant cleaning of the sponge filter to keep flow at optinium speed.

fishieness

the problem about skimmers, imnot sure of the seaclone exacly but i can make a guess, is all these skimmers advertise how small their bubbles are and how many they create. well, when the air gets to be more than 13% of the ratio, the bubbles combine, makeing bigger bubbles with a larger surface area to collect organic waste. i would guess the seaclone isnt very good because of how it works with all the bubbles all concentrated in the center, makeing the percent of the bubbles very high, combineing them. i dont knwo if thats true, jsut something i was pondering and thought it made sence.

jgbryan02

I purchased a seaclone 100 model, the new and improved version and it works great.
I haven't had any trouble with it at all on my 55 gallon reef tank.

lubeck

I have a 150 series for my 110ga reef, I don't like it.
It takes too long to adjust
once cleaned, it takes to long to create foam
too many bubbles come out
I am very disappointed in it, i can't wait to replace it; i believe once i replace it with a "functional" skimmer it will skim 10x the amount by volume and 10x quicker

tankfinder

sea clone sucks... Euro reef or my coral life has done wonders. On one of my tanks 60gal fowlr... I have the sea clone that I first recieved with my first tank, I had to get another back pack(so so skimmer) just to be able to pull out almost the same amount as my other skimmers on my other tanks... I found that I have to service the sea clone very often as far as cleaning the pump and air line tube very often

dirty-d

Seaclones are terrible..........Mine started to leak now i have to constanly put silicone around to seal the connections
...............probly do better skimming tank with my mouth

S

scoobs

ran one of the old style cpr back packs for like.. 5+ years now? replaced the pump twice(about 30ish bucks each time) and I LOVE THIS THING. I do want to get one of the new reef ready ones that has the bubble catch built in but.. i am a happy costumer with this.

stanlalee

some people have luck with them, some people dont. Mine works great as you can see and always has while others hate it. Its a cheap skimmer so I wasn't expecting it to work like a Euro reef or aquamora. you definately have to get a feel for it (adjustments) but once you know what works (in my case anyway) I barely have to adjust it at all. I clean the collection cup at water change time every 2-3wks.

blazehok68

MY SEACLONE WORKED GREAT FOR ABOUT 6 MONTHS THEN IT DECIDED THAT IT DIDNT WANT TO SKIM ANYMORE, SO I WAS LOOKING ONLINE FOR DIY SKIMMER WHEN I CAME ACROSS THIS POST ON REEF CENTRAL FOR MODS TO THE SEACLONE. http://www.reefcentral.com/diy/seacl...ifications.htm
THE ONLY THING I DID WAS CHANGE THE AIR VALVE ON IT AND IT HAS WORKED LIKE A CHAMP FOR ME FOR ABOUT 6 WEEKS NOW. NO NEED TO BUY A NEW ONE OR MAKE A NEW ONE ANYMORE.

jester805

I bought the Seaclone 100 for my tank and it worked good for a few months. After that I couldn't get it to do much of anything. I was constantly cleaning it and it took forever to start producing foam after I put it back into the tank.
Last week I bought the AquaC Remora and it's AWESOME!!! It started working within the first hour of having it hooked up.
I used to defend the Seaclones on here until I got the Remora.

fishieness

Originally Posted by Dirty-D
Seaclones are terrible..........Mine started to leak now i have to constanly put silicone around to seal the connections
...............probly do better skimming tank with my mouth

silicone doesnt bond to acrylic, thats why you have to put seals all the time. use an acylic glue like weldon #16