seaclone vs prizm

jhill5

which skimmer would you suggest for a 55, seaclone or prizm, and why. I am going to the store in 1 hour.
Jason

N

nluchau

Seaclone might be cheaper and I have one (seaclone 100) - it takes about 1 week to eliminate the micro bubbles but I think it works fine. I know nothing about prizm
good luck in your choice

jhill5

do the bubbles from the seaclone cause any problems with fish or corals. How do you know when it is too many bubbles? I also have a 10 gallon that has water, LR, heater, and a power head, could I hook up the seaclone to that until the bubbles are gone.
What causes the bubbles, and what makes them go away?
Thanks to all for the help

bigb

i would wait for more input. I have the seaclone 150 and think its crap. It does work but wish I hadn't bought it. Wait and see what people say about the prism. You don't want to spend/waste any more money than you should.

bigb

scroll down to bottom of page at similar threads and all you're questions are probably answered.

guineawhop

if prism makes a protein skimmer that will fit on a 55 then get it. i have both types and i hate the seaclone. prizm is a much easier and better skimmer.

nikolai

I have a prizm for my 55... it is very good! You just need to find the exact setting for the valve (or else NOTHING or WAY TOO MUCH comes out...) Once you find the best setting, it works wonders.