Seaclone

angrycrab

These things seem to be like sushi, you either love them or hate them, anyone have a good exp with a seaclone skimmer?

wilsonreef

I've got a Seaclone 100. I like it because of it's compactness and works pretty good, I don't like it because "mine is a HOB" as the water level varies you have to constantly adjust your air flow. It may be because mine is not in a sump I don't know...... :notsure:

angrycrab

yeah I am looking to do hob as well so I know everyont and ther ebrother likes the super skimmer, just seeing what else is out there

wilsonreef

I got my Seaclone when my Prizim's motor locked up after about a year. I got the prizim fixed and put it back on my tank. Most people don't like the Prizim, but for the price I have not had any problems other than the motor, and mine works fine. There are better one's out there they are just a bit pricier.

seannmelly

We had a seaclone for about a year and never had a problem w/ it!! Since then we have acquired a prizm and got rid of it b/c it would NOT work properly no matter what we did, no matter what we adjusted. Currently we have the coralife super skimmer and it does a great job. it can be a hang on or an in the sump skimmer.

oxbeard

I have a Seaclone 100 and 150. So far haven't had any problems and both have worked well. I did modify the 150 resulting with even more production.

merredeth

Originally Posted by oxbeard
I have a Seaclone 100 and 150. So far haven't had any problems and both have worked well. I did modify the 150 resulting with even more production.
Not to hijack the thread and please accept my apologies but I have a Seaclone on one of my tanks and it works well.
However, I'd like to know what modification you made to make it work better.
Denise M.

jhov2324

I have a seaclone and it works fine, i had it hob, but then put it into sump, cause i didn't want to turn it off when feeding

yusuke

I purchased the seaclone 100 online for $76 including shipping. It was the "New and improved version." I then modified it by cutting the riser tube to 2.5 inches (which I regret because the "New and Improved" version is already short enough). My other mod was by cutting the tube in the collection cup by 60% and I then placed a cap (from a 1 gallon bottle) above the opening with a stick to force the rising foam to spread out and be collected in the cup. Below is the results....