seaclone100

baloo6969

yea if you do the mod to it...it ups the flow rate...by lowering the amount of tubing...some will say having to MOD a off the shelf makes it bad...very true in most respects. some people also have more money than time.
it's not *bad* for a ~100 skimmer...but bite your lip and save up for a more reliable one.

baloo6969

Me? best bang for your buck in my opinion for a hang on is "prizm pro deluxe" ... not bad, simple to use and set up.
for in sump...someone will post there pref.

baloo6969

also (i'm speaking from experience, went through 4 skimmers in 3 years) there are mannnyy ways to cut corners and save money, i got a sea clone when in was in college so i could get my first order of cleaners, bad idea 3 skimmers later...
cut a long story short skimming is not the way to save money. I see your either new to this forum or this lifestyle...but it's one thing that anyone with experience will all agree on, get/build a good skimmer. spend the extra money...it's worth it in the long run.

tanks alot

what is with everybody hating seaclones i have had one on my tank for over 5 years and never had a problem i empty the cup once a week and it always full