SeaCloneProtein Skimmer

veskas

Help!!!!!!! A week ago our SeaClone Skimmer started over producing millions of tiny bubbles. No matter how we adjust the venturi connection, we can't stop the bubbles!!! Any suggestions before I heave it out the window!!!

mkorszo

hi i bought a sea clone like a week ago it put out lots of bubbles at first after the pad on the pump got dirty it quit did you ever have surges in the skimmer im still having that problem keep me posted and good luck

mr.trigger

Funny i just received my sea clone, and have no room on my 45 gallon on the back so i decided to put it away.I now am running an undergravel filter with two aqua clear 3000 powerheads and an emperor 400 in the back...so far no problems....maybe you should try this method.....i will try the seaclone skimmer on my 75 gallon when i set that tank up with a fluval 403.....good luck.

ebeckels

that is true..I had the new one but i still traded that for a prizm...the new seaclones do have good feedback from most people.

triggerfool

i like my seaclone. yeah i said it. I may be the only one, but it consistently gets a buncha gunk outta my aquarium. So no complaints. Really.

deucey

Just wondering but have you guys modified the veturi adjuster to a air valve.....this help alot.....

nosmada

i run mine with the air-adjustment wide open. i do notice when i clean the prefilter on the venturi it will produce microbubbles for a day or so. VESKAS, is your skimmer new ? if so it will take about a week to break in then they should subside. before you heave it take it down clean it out and set it back up and let it run for a few days see if that helps. i have been running mine on my tank for over a year now and havent really had any problems i can think of. one other thing you may want to check is the seal on the maxi-jet. mine started leaking bubbles out where the rotating base part is.
hth,
chris

ocellaris_keeper

I put two sea clones on my tank - real cxheap and real good. their a web site I ran into that tells you how to modify it if you want to. I just run them wide open. Your bubble problem may be the level of your water or the level of the powerhead. I had the same problem until I discovered that there's tow ways to set up the sea clone:
have the return just below the water level or have the water level high on the return (real full tank), any place in between and I got bubbles.