Seahorse acting weird.

dingus890

My female is acting kinda weird this morning.She is hitched to her spot where she rest at night.She has minimul eye movement.
The only thing difference is I changed the light timer to come on at 7:42 instead of 6:42(Since it is getting lighter later outside)
Could she just be ajusting to the new time?She acts like she is still sleeping.
Her gills look normal and she looked at me when I came over to the tank.

dingus890

Now I am getting worried as she is in the same spot just staring.She is still breathing but every once in a while she does 3 snicks in a row which is very weird.

Water quality is normal. Ammonia 0 Nitrites 0 Nitrates 0
PH. 8.1-8.3
Temp. is 75.7
Salt level is 1.023
If anyone knows anything that could help,please post.

dingus890

Well she started swimming around but wont eat.She also was not using her little fins on her back and "ear" fins.
She swam around looking kinda disoriented and layed in my FAKE anemone.She is in the fake anemone still just looking around but is almost on her back.

I am now very worried about her.I don't know what is wrong with her though.

rykna

Do her gills look swollen? Gill flukes maybe? I'm so sorry I didn't catch your post sooner.

dingus890

She started acting a little more normal as the day went on.She is NOT eating though.Her belly looks rounded so she is not starving.
She was not using her little "ear" and back fins much when she did swim today.She just acted kinda disoriented.Before the lights went out on the tank she was hitched to a fake plant staring with minimul eye movement.She is not twitching or acting itchy.He gills look normal to me.She looks fine which is the weird part.
Everytime I tried to feed her she would just watch the food go by.Usually she hunts down every piece that get's close to her.One thing I have noticed about horses compared to other fish is it seems that horses health plummets much faster when something is wrong.
I hope she will be better soon.My nerves are shot...lol

rykna

Do you have a QT set up????? Post a pic of her if you can please. Add a air line to the tank.

rykna

Lower the temp slowly to 72.
Lower the salinity VERY SLOWLY to 1.020.....
All the little nasties that attack our horses like higher temps and higher salinity.

novahobbies

Originally Posted by Rykna
http:///forum/post/2821433
Lower the temp slowly to 72.
Lower the salinity VERY SLOWLY to 1.020.....
All the little nasties that attack our horses like higher temps and higher salinity.

+1 to this, sounds like might be an internal infection. watch her carefully tonight, and tomorrow am. be prepared to move her into QT, and check with the health experts on the dot org site.
Sorry, for the horse...I feel the same way today.....I've definitely got a critter or two bugging ME today. Only just woke up, and this just for few minutes....

teresaq

I agree - I have no experiance with sickness. maybe pm cranberry she has has horses the longest.
T