Seahorse and scorps and shrimp, Oh My!!

oceanlover

Your pictures are always good but these are stunning, especially the Volitans. Your colors are crisp and your depth of field is really good. Remind me again of what camera and lense you use, please.

cranberry

I recently switched from the 20d to the 40d. So it's a mixture of both. And I switch between the 100mm and the 50mm (1.8). The 50 is my favouite all around lens. Santa just got me the 50mm (1.4) so I'm going to bring it to the local aquarium to give it a whirl tomorrow morning. The low lights there are always a challenge. I haven't been very pleased with the 40D. I've had to return it twice and I'm still having focusing issues.

crimzy

Honestly, this is the most incredible assortment of pics and fish that I've ever seen. I'm sure you have shared this in the past but can you provide tank sizes and stocklists for your tanks. Also, full tank shots would be cool if you have any.

cranberry

Originally Posted by jamesvishiou
http:///forum/post/2930363
WOW.... These pics are nice!
So you have a leaf fish. Can you tell me how the experience is with them???
Oh sorry, I missed this question in here. I answered in your thread.
Originally Posted by crimzy

http:///forum/post/2935249
Honestly, this is the most incredible assortment of pics and fish that I've ever seen. I'm sure you have shared this in the past but can you provide tank sizes and stocklists for your tanks. Also, full tank shots would be cool if you have any.

Awwwww. Thanks. They are all in grow up tanks of sorts and not where they finally end up. But right now there are
2 leafs and a fuzzy in an 18g. The yellow leaf is coming out this week and going to a 24g so I can concentrate on training her to frozen. After that the second leaf will follow. We are looking for a third for a trio.
The new guy, the Barbed Scorpion and a S minor are in QT. The minor will go with the leafs if we get a positive ID. The Barbed fish will either go with the volitan in a 70g or the fuzzy in a 30g. Depends on what his actual adult size is.
Confused yet?
The frondosa and the yellow mantis (cilita) share a divided 40 gallon tank.
Blennies are in a JBJ 12 gallon.
The seahorses are in a 50g pent.
The angler is in a 3 gallon pico. He's too small to be in anything bigger yet. He will eventually be in a 30g or something similar.
But we saw a really nice 50 cube tank locally and are thinking of buying it and having a final stock list of 3 leafs, an ambon, S. minor, and a cockatoo and maybe the fuzzy depending on final size.
I just took a course on how to take FTS and I'm getting all the supplies to take some pics for my birthday next month. I really suck at FTS so I hope the course helps.
Here's the pics I do have.
seahorse tank

volitan tank

angler tank

cranberry

Most are with the Canon 40D.... some the 20D.
The settings change with every picture because the light varies so much.

nigerbang

Originally Posted by Cranberry
http:///forum/post/2935336
Most are with the Canon 40D.... some the 20D.
The settings change with every picture because the light varies so much.
Nice camera!! Best Buy had them on sell last week.. 40d with the extra 200mm for $450