Seahorse and scorps and shrimp, Oh My!!

cranberry

They would be fine together. The cockatoo and the leaf have small mouths. The leaf can be very hard to convert to frozen, though.

ok thanks and are all of these fish u bought expensive cause they are all really beautiful lol my fav has to be the goul stingfish does it walk around the bottom with those little fin things it has??? and is that the same fish metioned on live aquaria under orange banded stingfish???

cranberry

That's actually my guy when he was in their WYSIWYG area. He walks about with those fingers and he uses those black fins like a hoover craft. I just ordered the Canon 5D Mark II so I'll be able to make a little video.... if I can figure it out.
Anything off the WYSIWYG is pricey for what you are getting species-wise. They are selling him for 40 bucks now but I paid 90... just to get an idea of the inflated price. But I really like the WYSIWYG type things. It's that or the LFS. Only WYSIWYGs are in that facility and they are treated very well. Your paying for the extra conditioning and to actually see a picture of what you are getting.
Some are pricey and some are cheap. Some are under 30 at the LFS!
And you should probably remove the reference to the other online store... :)

N

nihoa

maybe its an obvious question but why not use a mag float to clean and avoid sticking your hand in at all?

cranberry

I also have a lot of coralline right at the substrate line and you really can't do digging around with a magfloat.

N

nihoa

yeah we clean the majority with the mag but have to go in with a razor to handle the coralline and a toothbrush to do along the substrate and areas the mag doesnt get.
how has your luck been getting frogfish onto frozen foods. i would love a frogfish tank but in my part of the world everything needs to be ordered in and the only live foods available around here would be goldfish. thats of course a no no. it sounds like a very not great idea to get an angler without having the option of proper live foods should it not take to frozen? someday.

cranberry

Personally, I wouldn't buy anything that could possibly always require live food if I didn't have access to it easily. It can be way too worrisome and stressful.
Don't you have shrimp on the east coast?

N

nihoa

there is a box chain in the city i live in that are unreliable to order ghost shrimp from and skunk cleaners are $40. there are a few good shops in cities 2 - 4hrs drive that can get things in fairly steady but then id have to have it shipped down to me and the cost of constantly bringing in live foods would get out of hand i think. im not tied to this town and when my grad project is finished we will take off and hopefully land in a spot with better selection of shops.