Seahorse is floating!!!Pls Help

Recently got a yellow eructus seahorse and it was put into a well established 20 gallon tank. I fed it a cube to eat and I believe that caused an ammonia spike. I transferred it to a 10 gallon take. It’s floating rn and sometimes curls up and twitches. It won’t eat either. I’ve been trying to feed it the past THREE DAYS PLS HELP!!!!

Literally hooked onto the plug when I tried taking a pic

Attachments

SALTWAT3RFISH

Administrator
Staff member
Recently got a yellow eructus seahorse and it was put into a well established 20 gallon tank. I fed it a cube to eat and I believe that caused an ammonia spike. I transferred it to a 10 gallon take. It’s floating rn and sometimes curls up and twitches. It won’t eat either. I’ve been trying to feed it the past THREE DAYS PLS HELP!!!!

Literally hooked onto the plug when I tried taking a pic
Sorry to hear this. What is the current situation?

Found out it has velvet. It was covered in little white specs. I’ve been treating it with Fritz Mardel Parashield and it’s working. Its mate died in the store. So I probably bought it sick. It’s still not eating tho the only lfs near me.tonly carries copepods and I bought 2 jars. Is that good enough? I also bought dwarf seahorses to keep it company since the corona virus has stoped the import of regular seahorses

SALTWAT3RFISH

Administrator
Staff member
Try to avoid adding new animals to a system that is under treatment for disease. Quarantine the diseased animal/animals until full recovery has been achieved. Frozen mysis shrimp as well as ghost shrimp are great feed options. I would also avoid that LFS If they knew you had a sick animal and still let you buy more sea horses. Hopefully everything works out... That being said, check these guys out https://www.saltwaterfish.com/product-seahorse-erectus-captive-bred-unsexed

Thank you for the link. I have both frozen brine and Mysis shrimp but he won’t eat any of it. Yeah. I thought about the selling fish while under treatment but I’m desperate. I just thought company was his best shot since he’s alone and hasn’t eaten anything Seems like I’ve tried everything else

SALTWAT3RFISH

Administrator
Staff member
Keep the lights dim and the current flow low. If you have an aerator driven sponge filter, that would work really well to keep water moving at a current that won't cause him to spend much energy. Keep the stress low and keep an eye on your water chemistry. Be sure they have spots to hang on to. Good luck and may Poseidon bestow good fortune upon thee.