seahorse set-up

nemo02

i have a nice 75g set, but g/f wants seahorses i have a empty 29g that was my old setup, theres about 20#ls and a lilbit of water still in there, any suggestions on set up, filtration, light, and so on. thanks for all advice

poniegirl

Odds are that a new g/f would be more trouble than seahorses! Hello?
Tell more about the 29 gallon..how long has it been empty? By a "little bit of water", what does that mean? And have you kept it cycled?
A 29 would be okay for a couple of seahorses (try 2 of the same --- to start with!), but you may have to start that tank as though it were brand new.

nemo02

its been empty about 1 1/2 months , lil bit of water means theres about 1-2g of water in there, i think i would defintly have a new cycle, i was thinking about doing about 10 more #of ls and about 20# of lr, using a clss 65 and a rena xp2 canister filter.

gggrizzz

I have a 29g hexagon tank with two seahorses, two bangaii cardinals, along with a cleaner shrimp. A small amount of live rock is in with it - the lighting is only flourescent.
They are fed mysis shrimp twice a day... they all love it, especially when I soak it in Zoecon. CPR Backpak skimmer, with Fluval filter (no charcoal).

grumpygils

Originally Posted by nemo02
its been empty about 1 1/2 months , lil bit of water means theres about 1-2g of water in there, i think i would defintly have a new cycle, i was thinking about doing about 10 more #of ls and about 20# of lr, using a clss 65 and a rena xp2 canister filter.
It definitely has to cycle again. Seahorses need good quality water and you don't want to risk it. IMO
Mc