Seahorses

jdennysgir

Yes, I knew this when I got the seahorses, but kept a careful eye on them for a long time. He never did mess with them nor has he ever messed with anything else in my tank. He just moves around the tank all the time and doesn't bother a thing. He is such a good boy! I am going to have to do more research on them again though, cause I am now getting mushrooms and a cabbage leather. Does anyone know if they will hurt either of those? Thanks.

freddy949

so if i have zooz, mushrooms, trumpets, frog spawn, hammer and a yellow fiji leather, can i get sea horses? or would the corals sting them and if yes which ones?

grumpygils

Originally Posted by alyssia
I have 2 in a 29 gallon. They produce a huge bioload and need larger tanks.

I have 3 Kudas in a 20G. Bought them as a newbie and didn't know better. My 9 yr old loves them so I am stuck. I do not notice a bio load. I do only have to other fish (fire fish and PJ cardinal now). I do have a ton of coral also and I have not seen the coral hurt them. I have frogspawn, clams, hammer, star polyps, zoos, fungia, shrooms, sun polyps, trumpet coral, flat brain, xynia, toadstool, chili coral, bubble ricordia, candy cane and probably more I have forgotten. I do feed them atleast twice dailey with mysis and bought them grown but have had them for 8 months. Who ever had that post about a auto feeder or hatchery, I could use any info on that. It is tough to get the neighbor to prong feed when I am gone. I will not buy any more for my 44 or 92. Alot of attention!
Mc

nic

:cheer:
Originally Posted by jdennysgir
I had 2 seahorses a couple of years ago. I used a feeding station which you can see in one of these pics. The reason for this is because I had a pearly jawfish and he would dart up to eat the mysis before the horses got a chance to eat. Then whatever the horses didn't eat, I would use a baster and shoot it out of the feeding staion for the jawfish. With them I also had a choc. chip starfish and an urchin of some sort.

great pics